Boost Gauge Failure

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
After 13 years, 14K miles have had first gauge failure today. Have Analogdesigner's resistor "fix", always let gauges power up and prime the oil pump before firing up the engine, but boost gauge appears fixed straight up at 0. Already did search, how can I tell if this is the gauge or sending unit? Help appreciated.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Gauge. Buy the Autometer replacements. Consider replacing all of the small gauges at the same time.

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
Went to their website. doesn't look like they show the GT gauges or have them show on search. Do I order from them direct or thru Ford dealer?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Here's the link to the autometer site

I think you have to call to order

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
Thanks!!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Not sure why they make you call, never asked for a VIN.

I suggest doing them all at once. Once you disassemble, you'll know why.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
They may or may not have individual gauges ready at Autometer. Sometimes they wait on orders to batch them.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
If your battery is over 5yrs old; I would spring the $200 for a new battery and check to see if that fixes it

My boost did same and was back to normal with fresh battery.

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
Will try this first.

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
For lifts there are a variety. I have Bendpack as they have a “wide” version so easy on- making the FGT easy to get on, off or under. No worries about mirror lost. Go to garagejournal.com where there is literally hundreds of thread, tip, review on lifts...

While I don’t have a side lifter, Chamberlain/ Liftmaster is the only brand I would trust. ~$375 at Walmart or elsewhere.

You also have to have the door hug the ceiling. That requires track extensions, longer cables and the remount... have a local GD company give ya a quote with installing the side lifter.....
If your battery is over 5yrs old; I would spring the $200 for a new battery and check to see if that fixes it

My boost did same and was back to normal with fresh battery.
Took your advice and replaced battery today. Boost gauge is back!! Anyone want a boost gauge?? Ordered one, not shipping for a few weeks. Will place on shelf with the other spare parts I guess.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
I posted this basic preventative advice; awhile back....

Gauges run on electric current; start with source, the battery.

People went on and on how Optimas last 8.7 yrs; vague step motor theories, etc.

$200 battery < $220 x 6 gauges

ps, get a $3.99 10mm wrench at autozone to keep in seat pouch when ground strap nut loosens up on a ride and can’t start. Cost less than flatbed.

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
For what it is worth, Last time I drove mine in early May, boost gauge was not working. I figured same, here we go, time to replace another gauge. I pulled into a parking lot, turned engine off, reinitialized gauges, and mine started working too. Was very happy to see it working again. I lost the tach about 5 years ago and have a brand new one from Ford in the box. GT guys replace my temp gauge about four years ago with one I bought from Ford before the auto meter gauges were introduced.

I've tightened my ground strap before. It may be time to replace my Sears diehard even though it shows no signs of being weak yet.