Birth of the EUROPEAN FORD GT OWNERS CLUB.

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
Hello to all.

FORUM FORD GT is an exceptional place, under the sign of competence , enthusiasm and friendliness of its participants.

I explore it every morning with pleasure, and he allowed me to familiarize myself with the Ford GT, although before finding and finally buying mine, recently.
But ....
But ... the Atlantic is wide, and the Europeans wanted to establish real contacts together, and meetings on their old Continent.

It is to meet this need, that two French, Alain and me Francis (Saint Ho), have just create the EUROPEAN FORD GT OWNERS CLUB.

LOGO EUROPEAN FORD OWNERS CLUB-2.jpg

To present it quickly, it is :

- An area of contact and communication between owners of Ford GT in Europe, to enable them to enjoy to the fullest of their car.
- A place for documentation to better understand and appreciate the Ford GT.

It aims to:

- Encourage exchanges of experience on the use, maintenance, upgrade cars, and useful addresses.
- In a spirit of cooperation , publish practical issues of each and disseminate responses .
- Publish technical or general information on the Ford GT.
- Encourage the creation of friendly ties between the owners.
- Organize meetings and gatherings.

(Our Statutes, details our organization and operation).

To communicate with all, our Club has opened a French speaking Forum, hosted by the European leader in automotive theme.
To find it and read it, just ask the site "Forum Auto les clubs" in Google, then click on it to get on a list of Clubs, then click « European Ford GT Owners Club ».
To post, you must be enrolled in Auto Forum. It's free and simple. Just click on the "Reponse" button and follow the instructions.
We are at your disposal to help you .

You, Your questions and your suggestions are well come.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Excellent idea!!

:thumbsup :thumbsup

mal

Heritage GT Owner
Nov 23, 2012
London/Kent, UK
Would it not be better to have a European section on this forum then all things GT could be kept together?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Would it not be better to have a European section on this forum then all things GT could be kept together?

There is one. Anything you find would be helpful, let me know...

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?22-European-GT-Forum

Dear Saint Ho,

the best idea i ever found since i got my 101 car in switzerland on Oct. 17th 2005,
please keep me posted, thanks in advance, happy x-mas , joyeux noel

FelixIbizaSwitzerland

Hello to all.

FORUM FORD GT is an exceptional place, under the sign of competence , enthusiasm and friendliness of its participants.

I explore it every morning with pleasure, and he allowed me to familiarize myself with the Ford GT, although before finding and finally buying mine, recently.
But ....
But ... the Atlantic is wide, and the Europeans wanted to establish real contacts together, and meetings on their old Continent.

It is to meet this need, that two French, Alain and me Francis (Saint Ho), have just create the EUROPEAN FORD GT OWNERS CLUB.

View attachment 32149

To present it quickly, it is :

- An area of contact and communication between owners of Ford GT in Europe, to enable them to enjoy to the fullest of their car.
- A place for documentation to better understand and appreciate the Ford GT.

It aims to:

- Encourage exchanges of experience on the use, maintenance, upgrade cars, and useful addresses.
- In a spirit of cooperation , publish practical issues of each and disseminate responses .
- Publish technical or general information on the Ford GT.
- Encourage the creation of friendly ties between the owners.
- Organize meetings and gatherings.

(Our Statutes, details our organization and operation).

To communicate with all, our Club has opened a French speaking Forum, hosted by the European leader in automotive theme.
To find it and read it, just ask the site "Forum Auto les clubs" in Google, then click on it to get on a list of Clubs, then click « European Ford GT Owners Club ».
To post, you must be enrolled in Auto Forum. It's free and simple. Just click on the "Reponse" button and follow the instructions.
We are at your disposal to help you .

You, Your questions and your suggestions are well come.

Viper

FORD GT OWNER - U.K.
Aug 9, 2008
Kent UK

Agreed as the viper Club use to do

FordGT4fun

Congratulations Francis . I know all your older posts on forum auto ( as i told you in a former Thread here), its always a pleasure reading your postings.
long life to your Club
regards

Pierre

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
What language will it be in? Francais?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

That's what it says in the 3rd paragraph from the bottom....

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
Dear Saint Ho,

the best idea i ever found since i got my 101 car in switzerland on Oct. 17th 2005,
please keep me posted, thanks in advance, happy x-mas , joyeux noel

FelixIbizaSwitzerland

Hello dear FelixIbizaSwitzerland.

Thank you for your enthusiasm.

Attendance FORUM FORD GT will remain crucial, because it is THE place of reference for all enthusiasts of Ford GT.
Our European Club can substitut the real to the virtual, the meal around a good table to the numeric keypad, all that, with a little local flavor.

For now, our club still feels fresh paint, but we are working hard to make it comfortable for all.

We count on you in July, at Le Mans Classic.

I will provide the email address of the Club, as soon as I have solved some technical problems. I give you my personal email address by MP.

Friendships.

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE

Hello fjpikul.

The language used on our forum communication is French.
This is the official administrative language of the European Union, and this is the usual language of two founding directors.

But the fact that Europeans speak different languages, can make the dialogues difficult.
It is notably for this reason that we decided to delegate the animation of our Club in each country, to a local personality.
Closer to his countrymen to all points of view, he will make the things more enjoyable and effective.

In Britain, David Jones, known to all here, represent officialy our European Club. His very appreciated personality, is a guarantee of quality and success.

People who want to communicate in English on our European Forum, may exceptionally do. We will post a translation into French of their message.

So you're all welcome.

Regards.

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
European Organisation of the new Club.

The association has a European vocation.
Europe being a large area where coexist different languages and cultures, animation within each country, is delegated to a "National Leader ".
"National Leaders " have apply for that job, and have be nominated by the « Management founder ".
"National Leaders " have pledged to uphold the Constitution of the Association and the general guidelines defined by "Management founder " as well as coordinate with her, and regularly inform their local action, so that the information important as centralized and distributed to all members.

In UK, David Jones, well known here, is in charge of organizing the local life.

For other countries, for the moment, nothing is done.

We know that many European fans reads this pages.
If they are interested in representing the European Club in their country, and help us to develop contacts and meetings, they may contact us.

Our email address is operational for a few hours then:

European.ford.gt.owners.club@orange.fr

We will welcome them.

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
Congratulations Francis . I know all your older posts on forum auto ( as i told you in a former Thread here), its always a pleasure reading your postings.
long life to your Club
regards

Pierre

Hello Pierre.

Thank you for your message of sympathy.

I hope that our Club do better acquainted with the french supporter you are.
Thank you to our contact at the email address that we have just opened.

european.ford.gt.owners.club@orange.fr

Sincerely.

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
Hello everybody.

We now have a NEW email address.
It's more convenient and everyone is welcome

european.ford.gt.owners.club@gmail.com

Sincerely.

LOGO EUROPEAN FORD OWNERS CLUB-2.jpg

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hello fjpikul.

The language used on our forum communication is French.
This is the official administrative language of the European Union, and this is the usual language of two founding directors.

But the fact that Europeans speak different languages, can make the dialogues difficult.
It is notably for this reason that we decided to delegate the animation of our Club in each country, to a local personality.
Closer to his countrymen to all points of view, he will make the things more enjoyable and effective.

In Britain, David Jones, known to all here, represent officialy our European Club. His very appreciated personality, is a guarantee of quality and success.

People who want to communicate in English on our European Forum, may exceptionally do. We will post a translation into French of their message.

So you're all welcome.

Regards.

Sorry, but that sounds a bit strange.

French might be common to Brussels, Strasbourg and Luxembourg - the political centres of the EU - but that doesn´t really reflect the actual language situation in EU. German is probably the largest language but for sure the most common understandable language is English. Given that the FGT population is quite small in Europe - and spread widely out in the region - the french language is most likely not the most common between owners here :wink:facepalm:

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
Sorry, but that sounds a bit strange.

French might be common to Brussels, Strasbourg and Luxembourg - the political centres of the EU - but that doesn´t really reflect the actual language situation in EU. German is probably the largest language but for sure the most common understandable language is English. Given that the FGT population is quite small in Europe - and spread widely out in the region - the french language is most likely not the most common between owners here :wink:facepalm:

Hello Copenhagen GT

I have already written, and I can confirm that if you prefer to communicate with us in English, you're welcome. We will make efforts to be effective.
I would add that you can contact our representative for Great Britain, David Jones. He will discuss with you in English and refere to me, if lack of evidence.

You see, if willing, everything is simple.

Of course, it is the leaders who write the most.
For they are true and accurate, it is better express themselves in their mother tongue, so the French.
Despite all our good will, our knowledge base and using translators robots, we may feel false or unfortunate misunderstanding.

Friendly.

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
A little over two months after the birth of the Club, and a little over a month after the opening of our Forum, a quick update on the status of the newborn :

Parents are happy and surprised to see so many positive news :

Over 2300 readings of the Forum.
A warm welcome by the world of exceptional Automotive .
Interesting inscriptions. The people who join us, make up a rich tapestry of diversity and complementarity.

One disappointment :

Difficulty getting everyone to introduce themselves, although this is provided in the official accession of membership.
As a reminder, this should not be seen as a whim, but as our commitment to promote human dimension of our friendly and passionate group .

Thank you to David ( UK) and Nicolas ( France sympathizer ) who have already done .
So thank you to Alain , Eric, Jean -Max quickly take their pens .
Thank you to those members of " origin" , to set an example to those who have joined us since , ie Jacques ( France ) , Leopold (Belgium) , Felix (Switzerland), Sascha (who is in charge to animate the club in Germany ), Malcolm (UK ) .

We are full of energy and ideas to improve our club and to expand it.

Thanks to everyone's enthusiasm, the future looks good .

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Is Dino from Berlin still around?

Ed

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
I wish you the very best in your newly formed fraternity Saint Ho. Here's to great friendships and many happy miles in your respective GT's. What a great venture.

Vince H

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
Now this is a good idea! Look forward of a meeting somewhere with all the fgt's. Spa would be great:)