Billet oil filter cap cover

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I know you guys are getting tired of the billet bling that our machinist is bringing to the table but with the economy as bad as its been he has been pretty bored so he has been making plenty of stuff for us. Here is an oil filter cap cover that we had done and it has several purposes. 1. BLING:banana 2. an easier way to remove the cap when doing the oil change. 3. avoid dinging up the OEM cap when doing oil changes.

Picture 1 is the cover without the OEM cap inserted
Picture 2 is with the center cap removed showing the 3/8" square hole so you can insert your 3/8" extension to remove the cap without scaring the OEM plastic
Picture 3 is with the OEM cap installed inside of the bling
Picture 4 & 5 are with the cap installed on the car. The way this cap works is you slide the new bling over your OEM cap and tighten all the outer allen screws as this process tightens the bling to the cap nice and snug.

OK you can tell me what you really think:thumbsup

Attachments

• IMG_5407.jpg
    IMG_5407.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 872
  • IMG_5415.jpg
    IMG_5415.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 854
  • IMG_5414.jpg
    IMG_5414.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 870
  • IMG_5421.jpg
    IMG_5421.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 854
  • IMG_5423.jpg
    IMG_5423.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 890

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Here are a couple of other pictures

Attachments

• IMG_5410.jpg
    IMG_5410.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 877
  • IMG_5411.jpg
    IMG_5411.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 849
  • IMG_5417.jpg
    IMG_5417.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 856

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Damn you John. Quit tempting us to blow more money on bling! :)

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
.... with the economy as bad as its been .......

OK you can tell me what you really think:thumbsup

Dammit John, THE ECONOMY IS BAD.

OK, how much? :thumbsup

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
How much? I think I need one!

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
OK Guys, I just got off the phone with the machinist and he would like to move at least 10 of them if at all possible so that he can recoup some engineering & development cost. The GT Guys will get the first one on Monday or Tuesday so Rich will chime in at some point with his opinion but these covers are AWESOME:eek The machine time is close to 4 hours to do each part so He has priced them at $250 (edited 10/27/09) plus shipping and handling (which I will get that cost sometime during the first of the week). Some folks may want to powder coat or anodize them so with enough requests he will entertain this process as well. I will start a list for members that would like to commit to purchase on the first post of this thread and please let me know your thoughts of this piece whether it be positive or negative.:cheers

Last edited:

KDO GT

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2008
Hollywood MD
Guys this is a must have

You really need to see this in person. This is truly a work of ART. Its makes the cover alot easier to get on and off, and it looks BAD ASSSSSSSSSS.:thumbsup:thumbsup

Last edited:

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
After further review from our machinist and the lack of interest he has decided to reduce the price on the billet oil filter cap to $250 plus shipping so that he can move the eight pieces that he made. If anyone is interested please let me know:thumbsup

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
Billet Oil Filter Cap

Finally had a chance to put this on today. It looks really good on the car and it goes with my flat black and chrome theme. Very nice piece and I think it looks like the optional BBS wheels a little bit. Nice piece John.

Attachments

• DSCN2836.jpg
    DSCN2836.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 634

atspeed

LAST BLU
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 13, 2007
Berkeley, CA
Very nice. Looks cool and functional! Put me down for one, please!

michael

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
John put me down for one as well. Based on the picture it looks polished and anodized to prevent corrosion etc?
Great work yet again!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
I'll take one.

Chip

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Finally had a chance to put this on today. It looks really good on the car and it goes with my flat black and chrome theme. Very nice piece and I think it looks like the optional BBS wheels a little bit. Nice piece John.

Yes, we were trying to get the look of the BBS wheels from the get go. Thanks Rich:cheers

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I did check on the list price for the plastic oil filter housing and it is over $700 to replace this part:eek. This billet accessory will help to protect the housing from getting scratched and gouged during filter replacements as well as adding some bling to your gal.

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
I did check on the list price for the plastic oil filter housing and it is over $700 to replace this part:eek. This billet accessory will help to protect the housing from getting scratched and gouged during filter replacements as well as adding some bling to your gal.

If you go to BMW it is $25.00 I bought one. Part number 11-42-1-744-000
Ford wants to sell the whole filter housing assembly. BMW wants $600 for it.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
The first shipment went out today so once you get them post your comments and pictures:banana

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
installation instructions

To install remove the small cap before you get started and then put billet cap on the plastic one and keep rotating until the cap slips on (this may take several times). Once in place tighten all the outer screws until they are all completely tight. Install center cap so that the GT is facing in the preferred direction. You are done:thumbsup