BEWARE Bait and switch

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
please share this.
I found my vin number on this dealers website and on my carfax report. When i called they said it was sold but they had another low mile one for sale. I i am a dealer and know in Wisconsin this is illegal. look up Bait and switch. The alarming thing is i called the dealer and he told me that they use these cars for marketing > WTF they have a red one also that they do not own with a vin. they are using higher mileage cars, Beware and check your carfax

Reactions: analogdesigner

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
That's interesting .. and pathetic. I saw their 2 listings, but wasn't interested in them so didn't drive the 1.5 hrs to see them - Glad I didn't now, although I would've called first, and hopefully they wouldn't have lied just to get me to the store ... Noooo, certainly no dealers would ever do THAT. Also wondered how they just happened to end up with TWO higher mileage GTs :unsure: Mmm hmm ;) If bait n switch is illegal here in FL it would be the first I've heard of it, and I know dealers do it all the time: You see an ad for a vehicle you want, call them, and they say, 'Oh sorry we don't have that one anymore but we do have this one.' It's one thing over the phone .. but another for somebody who spends their time and gas $ actually driving there :mad:

BTW I looked at their bldg using Goog Street View, and it looks very nice. So they must be pretty good at this pathetic ploy.

Last edited:

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
Dan who lied said it was a glitch from 10 years ago then i asked about the red one and he said you cant find that one now its not on my site. Only because i called him on it, then he acted and accused me of not knowing what is going on.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Yeah, whatever (n)

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
What did your carfax report indicate? That they were a prior or current owner of your vehicle?

Sounds quite scandalous. Just going to drop this resource here, for the FLHSMV.

And the complaint form in PDF format along with a list of the respective regional offices in FL.

Last edited:

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I have driven past that dealer many times. Hadnt heard anything about them before. Thanks for sharing

Reactions: extrap

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
I am sending this to the owner and opening a case with the Florida DMV. Car fax says there name and for sale.it was listed in July, I also got them to take down the red one listed as well that they did not oen.

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
I found my 2006 Ford Gt advertised on Auto trader for sale and saw it also listed on the car fax that it was for sale in July 2020 by Vaughn automotive in Jacksonville Fl 32223. This car is in Wisconsin and not for sale. When I called the dealer a guy named Tony picked up and when I asked about the car he said “That car is sold but I have another really low mile one for sale do you want that one? That is a clear case of bait and switch. I then saw they have another Ford GT 1FAFP90S16Y401794 that was also listed, and Tony gave me the same story about it being sold. I was concerned about this because this Ford GT has a value of $250,000 and wrong information on car fax fight hurt the value. I asked Tony to have it removed and he said it was above his pay grade and to call back when the manager was in. I called back the next hour and I was connected to Steve. When I asked Steve how my car was on his inventory he told me that “ they used the car for marketing and they get a ton of leads off it”. Then he said i they do this all the time. Still not getting any resolution to my problem I asked to talk to his boss, Dan then came on the call and said what are you talking about these cars are not for sale on our website. I told him I had screen shots dated 10/1/2020 8am. These cars were on there webisite in July so this was no mistake as claimed. I am sending this to the Florida DMV because this Dan was so rude to me and acted like I had no right challenging him and this was no big deal.

Reactions: extrap and SYCO GT

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Thank you SMOKDU for sharing this crazy story and taking actions to protect yourself and all of us really. That is messed up!

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Get 'em! 🍻 (y)

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Nothing like advertising peoples cars for sale that arent. Slimy.

will share above with some of the local folks. Thanks

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Suggest you contact Federal Trade Commission. False advertising across state lines is a federal offense.

Reactions: extrap and SYCO GT

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Good point Jeff! Would be good to have State and Federal involved.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Wonder if these guys worked previously at Champion Porsche? 😂