Best Current FGT Techs in and Around Houston Tx?

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
So I have a leak coming in at the top of the windshield and dribbling down the inside of the glass. I called a Houston Ford dealer and their only recommendation was to replace the windshield, even though the glass is fine. That just sounds dumb to me.

Anyone have any recommendations for a good tech, either dealer or indy? I have used Kevin at MM2k for a couple of things but he doesn't want to get involved on this.

Thanks

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
So I have a leak coming in at the top of the windshield and dribbling down the inside of the glass. I called a Houston Ford dealer and their only recommendation was to replace the windshield, even though the glass is fine. That just sounds dumb to me.

Anyone have any recommendations for a good tech, either dealer or indy? I have used Kevin at MM2k for a couple of things but he doesn't want to get involved on this.

Thanks

Well there are really only two ways to fix it. Urethane it from the inside as you would have to remove that top trim on out side of windshield to do it that way, inwhich would probably ruin the trim causing it to need the windshield replaced anyways or just replace the windshield.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
I was hoping to just be able to add RTV to the outside of the windshield for an easy fix. Can’t say I’m prepared to pitch out a windshield over this.

Still would like service provider recommendations though, at least for other things I want to do.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I was hoping to just be able to add RTV to the outside of the windshield for an easy fix. Can’t say I’m prepared to pitch out a windshield over this.

Still would like service provider recommendations though, at least for other things I want to do.

Windsheild's are cheap, insurance will pay for it too being you have that rock chip in it.

Reactions: Shark01

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
There is no rock chip, the glass is perfect

But going out to look at it in detail to make sure I didn’t miss a chip, I noticed there is one spot where there is a gap between the windshield and the weatherstripping where I can feel the edge of the glass. I think I’ll RTV that spot 1/2” long and see how it goes.IMG_0509 small.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: digman1

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I think he was giving you a wink-wink.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
I think he was giving you a wink-wink.

Ohhh.....While I have a ball peen hammer, I don't have a sarcasm filter.

Just added a picture

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
Ohhh.....While I have a ball peen hammer, I don't have a sarcasm filter.

Just added a picture
I believe the fenders need to be removed to do it right; as you know that’s not a job you can have done anywhere. I would live with the issue as long as you can and try the RTV at the spot you mentioned.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shark01

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Have not received any recommendations yet for servicing in the Houston metro area....thanks

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
The very best one is just North of Houston. Detroit to be exact! GTGuy Rich Brooks!

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Sigh......looking for someone local as the thread title indicates.

Reactions: JWZ

CampoLady

GT Owner
May 25, 2018
CALVO Motorsports in Austin has been doing work on the FGT for some time now.

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Have you tried Paul Bruner at Sterling McCall Ford?

832 385 4585.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Have you tried Paul Bruner at Sterling McCall Ford?

832 385 4585.

Have you used him previously? Thanks

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Yes. Professional and thorough

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Will definately give him a call.....thanks

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Don’t forget the owners of the world’s fastest GT and his shop. Mark Heidaker at M2K Motorsports. In Katy, 281-346-8114

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Don’t forget the owners of the world’s fastest GT and his shop. Mark Heidaker at M2K Motorsports. In Katy, 281-346-8114

Yes I mentioned them in the first post. There are some types of maintenance they don’t want to take on, but have been happy with their work so far.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Paul Bruner is the only Person who has ever worked on my Ford GT for 4 years and even arranged for my New Ford Expedition with a transmission problem two weeks ago! ManyFord GT’s have been sent to Paul from other parts of the State and out of The State Of Texas! He’s highly recommended by Ford Motor Co. ,

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
I've used Paul and he is my go to guy on my 05 and 2020 - knows the cars very well and very profesional

Reactions: JWZ and Shark01