Boondocks, Colorado
They were there somewhere

[video=youtube;qazOnYb8ED0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qazOnYb8ED0[/video]

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Beautiful downtown Lyons

Water over the bridge and a lady being rescued (I think it was my friend Gerry's wife. Gerry died in the flood)
DSC_1660.JPG

A house that was there, in the water:
DSC_1669.JPG

and then not
DSC_1684.JPG

Debris on main street area (end of main and 5th ave)
DSC_1692.JPG

Street view river cutting into the road and all power lines down Water or sewer line is under the river but not exposed.
DSC_1770.JPG

I've finished (after almost three weeks) phase one of disaster recovery for a friend. I'm now going to upload all of my pics this coming week.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Whoa

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
I actually got the first little knick in the new paint today. That first one is always the hardest!

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Stopped off in Blackhawk. Its not uncommon to see people in shorts when its 35 degrees :biggrin

attachment.php

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Jim go with? Wish I could have

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Yes

Its going to be awhile around here for things to get back to normal

[video=youtube;mCN7NxUywR4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCN7NxUywR4[/video]

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Holy Jesus, who took that video? Not from the front of your GT40! That damage is hard to comprehend.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Holy Jesus, who took that video? Not from the front of your GT40! That damage is hard to comprehend.

Mainly the difference is that most of the area lost roads. We (Lyons, the little redneck town in the rockies) lost everything. We have no gas, water, electric or sewer. Our town fathers say we may have subsistence utilities in place by Christmas. Noone is holding their breath.

Our town was rearranged. The twin rivers made new channels. It's a geologic event that is best compared to earthquakes.

One of my now roommates said the other night: "I didn't lose anything, I lost everything".