BBS optional wheels

Cobraguy

GT Owner
I'm still looking for one mint rear and one mint front GT BBS " spider" wheel. I'll consider a complete set as well.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
I'm still looking for one mint rear and one mint front GT BBS " spider" wheel. I'll consider a complete set as well.

Scott had a new (in box) set, and a used set at Carlisle (looked great, only 1 wheel had some nicks on the high part of the wheel, probably fell over, easily fixed), reach out to him.

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Sorry....which Scott?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
That would be Scott Minch - "NorthwoodGT" here on the Forum

DC-DD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2010
PA / FL
I know he sold the used se at Carlisle. He may still have the new ones.

Dominic

Tomcat

GT Owner
Scott had a new (in box) set, and a used set at Carlisle (looked great, only 1 wheel had some nicks on the high part of the wheel, probably fell over, easily fixed), reach out to him.

He was offering them at (what I think is) an excellent price. I thought I heard they were sold at the show but check. Also, Performancecandy in Tx has a set I believe.
I have had a blemished wheel refurbised and am totally pleased (quality and price-$150)

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Thanks guys...much appreciated!

Tomcat

GT Owner
Let us know the outcome. I got concerned when a number of outlets offering the wheel no longer had them AND the $s started going up fast...so I grabbed a set when they became available.

Cobraguy

GT Owner
That would be Scott Minch - "NorthwoodGT" here on the Forum

Ralphie.....I've PM'd Scott several times but haven't heard back. Anyone else here in contact with Scott??

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
sorry but I don't show a PM. will PM you immediately. have several brand new sets in stock. thanks! scott

Darthvader

Aug 4, 2007
LufkinTexas
He was offering them at (what I think is) an excellent price. I thought I heard they were sold at the show but check. Also, Performancecandy in Tx has a set I believe.
I have had a blemished wheel refurbised and am totally pleased (quality and price-$150)

I only have 4 front BBS wheels left , no rears, all 4 were powder coated and cleared and are in Ben Beckerts possession at the moment. You may reach out to him and see if the finish was as factory as far as in color and if so I would be willing to work out a deal on 1 or all of them. Sold my last full set 2 weeks ago.

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Thanks Andy....I'll look into that. ( if I could have the minor blemishes repaired properly I wouldn't be looking to replace them but threads here seem to indicate that a "perfect" match may not yet be available.)

Tomcat

GT Owner
Thanks Andy....I'll look into that. ( if I could have the minor blemishes repaired properly I wouldn't be looking to replace them but threads here seem to indicate that a "perfect" match may not yet be available.)

I was very happy with a local repair shop's "match" and I showed the wheels at Carlisle (mounted on my car).

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
It's not difficult to get a good repair performed on these wheels by a competent wheel tech. You have damaged wheels now, so you have little to lose attempting a repair.

Darthvader

Aug 4, 2007
LufkinTexas

You should send your full set to Bens powder coater and have him do all 4 that way they would be a perfect match and have a better quality finish than factory as well as more durable at the sum of $200 per wheel plus shipping.

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Is there a link available for his powder coater. I've been trying to get a few sets coated.. Thanks

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Are you sure you want to powder coat the wheels - check past posts with the search function....

Tomcat

GT Owner
My understanding is that low temp power coating is fine. That being said I had mine traditionally painted.

Cobraguy

GT Owner
I had a set of wheels p/coated a number of years ago for my truck and I was less than satisfied with the finish .....no doubt a result of inadequate prep work and temp. If I can get a color match I will definitely be painting my blemished GT wheels. There are some very durable products out these days.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
What type of liquid paint is typically used?