Battery tender. How to hook up?

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
I have a ctek battery tender I bought a while ago. Can I simply plug this into the 12v cigar jack area and all set?

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Yes, roll the window down enough not to pinch the cable and plug it into the cigarette lighter.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I have it connected to battery terminals and sneak the connector out under the Frunk lid, secured to the rear radiator grill for easy access

Other more industrious members have used magnetic connectors in hidden areas as well.

Using a CTek is a good start,

Attachments

• IMG_1783.jpg
    IMG_1783.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Your CTEK has a MODE button. Push it until the indicator light moves to the far right (AGM battery).

GTinTN

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2019
Brentwood, TN
I also use the cigarette lighter. Has worked well and is easy access.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Yes, roll the window down enough not to pinch the cable and plug it into the cigarette lighter.
And do it through the driver side so you don't forget to disconnect it before you drive away.

I got the kit that had a connector hidden in the front. Very convenient and forgiving of the time or two I forgot to disconnect :)

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I shut the cord in the door, but only the 1st "click" of the latch. No issues after 15+ years of doing this.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
I fully shut my door, but first I loop the wire around the shifter so it doesnt pull out if there is not enough slack in the cable