Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Auction

Topnotch

Dec 2, 2015

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
That’s terrific! It’s heartwarming to see such generosity!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Will be very interesting the first open bid NFGT! Probably will top the 1.6M total raised last year's charity auctions

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Gotta have some deep pockets there. Any guesses? I'll say over $1mil.

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Whoa! that is awesome and to a great cause. Well done.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Here’s your chance!!!

Gentlemen,

For our well heeled members without an allocation or for those who wish to acquire a 2nd new GT all you need to do is show up in Scottsdale two months from now. Well, show up with 3 to 3.5 million dollars which is the range in which I believe the hammer will fall on Ron’s new GT. Everything over 500k will be tax deductible as a charitable donation.

AND.....for the 13th year in a row I’ll be organizing the “Ford GT Owners Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Dinner” on Thursday night so you’re going to want to be here for that. I think I’ll bid up to 1 million and then I’ll let the real honcho’s take over. It’ll be fun to watch.

Chip

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gotta have some deep pockets there. Any guesses? I'll say over $1mil.

You can take this to the bank. There is a 0.0% chance that that GT will sell for less than 2 million dollars.

Chip

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Fasten your seat belts for this one...

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
agreed this car will be 2mil plus..

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
The sale should help NGT owners get a higher replacement value with their respective insurance companies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Can't wait to attend the Barrett Jackson this year... We need all of the GT Forum members present to be on stage cheering this on!

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
What VIN?

SBR

GT Owner
Aug 23, 2009
My guess is that Rick Hendrick will be the winning bidder.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
The sale should help NGT owners get a higher replacement value with their respective insurance companies.

Our premiums will reflect that also! Ouch!

Ed

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona

Probably not as it's a charitable and tax deductible auction. My 2007 pristine Shelby GT/SC is probably worth 25K. The first Shelby GT sold at B-J Scottsdale for 500K in a tax deductible charity auction. In addition to those two big draws, bidders can be a hero on nationwide TV. The money exchanged in a charity auction isn't a good measure of market prices and I doubt our good friend Drew at Classic will see it as a bell weather.

Chip

Drew@ClassicAuto

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 10, 2008
Probably not as it's a charitable and tax deductible auction. My 2007 pristine Shelby GT/SC is probably worth 25K. The first Shelby GT sold at B-J Scottsdale for 500K in a tax deductible charity auction. In addition to those two big draws, bidders can be a hero on nationwide TV. The money exchanged in a charity auction isn't a good measure of market prices and I doubt our good friend Drew at Classic will see it as a bell weather.

Chip

Well said Chip. I have no doubts whatsoever that this vehicle will sell for more than $1.5mill at a minimum. However, you are correct, how much do you want to pay for your insurance is the question (a topic I have discussed with many of you!) or what is your comfort on the valuation. We can make all sorts of cases for an insured amount above purchase, however, I am not sure how all the carriers (willing to insure the new GT) will want to treat valuation based on the final (alcohol induced) hammer price.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
however, I am not sure how all the carriers (willing to insure the new GT) will want to treat valuation based on the final (alcohol induced) hammer price.
Yeah, what he said regarding alcohol induction... good for dragsters, bad for bidders. I️ know from experience...[emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I'll be drinking and watching Chip bid!

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
I didn't think they would value the car at 2-3 million or whatever it's sells for but I had heard from one of the NGT owners some insurance companies wouldn't insure past sticker until there is a secondary market. I know the sale price will be unrealistic but I thought it might get some of the insurance companies off the sticker price valuation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Chip, I hope to make the dinner this year (as I always try too!). I've got some cars running again this year and it usually keeps me from attending the dinner. I'll do my best.. hope to see everyone!

Lance