Bagages and Ford GT 2018

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
For the luggages, the Ford GT 2018 offers only a tiny space in the excessive heat of the engine, and absolutely nothing in the cabin, not even enough to carry the necessary instruction manual.

In the 2005, where it's a bit the same, I totally solved the problem by making two suitcases that sit behind the seats, plus a container on the central armrest.

For the extremely reduced cabin of the 2018, this solution not being possible, I did the two following things:
  • On the right, I removed the footrest and adapted a canvas bag on which my passenger can comfortably extend the legs. This suitcase allows you to take away toiletries and some essential clothing for any two or three days trip. For a longer trip, a canvas bag of the same appearance completes the device.
  • On each of the doors I fixed with velcro, a thick leather pouch divided into several compartments. One of them contains the service manual. The many others receive telephones, parking or motorway cards, garage door controls, keys, Kleenex and all the little essentials for any trip.

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0443.jpg
    IMG_0443.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
IMG_0443.jpg

Reactions: Ed Sims

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Very nice work!

I bet you would find a market for those.

Of course, there would probably be a high tariff.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Nicely done,! Looks like “longchamp” pieces!!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Very nice Saint Ho! Très agréable!

Ed

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Very clever indeed!

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
Thank you all for the kindness of your appreciations.

Special thanks to Ed Sims for his usual and appreciated effort, to write a few words in French.

Best regards from France.