Backlight in dashboard

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Hi

Has anyone had this happen'd to them? I was driving the GT last night, all was well..., then, about a couple of miles from home, the dash' backlight went out, but all the gauges continue to be working ( thank god..). I proceeded to flip the on/off switch with no avail, while driving home. When I got home,I turned off the engine, waited a couple of minutes, then I started the car and the headlights, and the lights on the dash came back on. Any idea what caused it to go out suddenly, as I had had no issue with my dash/gauges. Hope this isn't a symptom of something more sinister to come.....

Thx

GTED

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
With any weird electric issue, check for a bad ground at the battery cable. The ghost of the Prince of Darkness is still around.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
I don't have that issue, but I have one where my highbeams get stuck on and I have to shut the engine and turn it back on to get low beams only. These cars were not really well built as far as electrics go. I have under 5k miles on my white GT, and have already had a gauge failure, and now the problem described above.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Just think if the electrical were Lucas. :)

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
The prince of darkness you mean? The reason why british beer is warm, refrigeration by Lucas? I think the GT might as well have been a Lucas project, or the ghost of Lucas anyway!