B-door improved design

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Bernard Guerin, an old friend to many Forum members, has perfected the B-doors for FGT's. www.guerin-design.com. :cheers

ObeyMyFast!

GT Owner's son
May 5, 2009
San Diego
If only those doors were a little cheaper... :cheers:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
The B door are great, but in IMHO only part of the solution. Another equal important component, is proper installation by an experienced tech. In the past results varied even though the hinges installed were the same.

So are the hinges available as a kit with installation instructions, are only sold and installed by pre-qualified and trained service centers? What is the pricing in each case? I presume quanity pricing is not applicable for the FGT.

Last edited:

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
The B door are great, but in IMHO only part of the solution. Another equal important component, is proper installation by an experienced tech. In the past results varied even though the hinges installed were the same.

So are the hinges available as a kit with installation instructions, are only sold and installed by pre-qualified and trained service centers? What is the pricing in each case? I presume quanity pricing is not applicable for the FGT.

I would suggest you contact Shadowman or The GT Guys or Berrnard depending on where you live. All three are installing them, perhaps there are other installers also .

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Are stock hinges aluminum or steel?

Maybe it is just me, and I completely admire the engineering, but the it would seem to me that a steel ball rolling in an aluminum track, supporting the weight of the door, would be an extremely high wear item. :confused

Aug 25, 2006
Are stock hinges aluminum or steel?

Maybe it is just me, and I completely admire the engineering, but the it would seem to me that a steel ball rolling in an aluminum track, supporting the weight of the door, would be an extremely high wear item. :confused

FYI

In neither design does the roller or rollers carry any load

Takes care

Shadowman

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
OK, Hard to tell from the pictures.

What is the "other design"?

Aug 25, 2006
OK, Hard to tell from the pictures.

What is the "other design"?

The original design uses a ball that follows within a track with "no" load and the later version uses rollers on the outside of a blade style aka exposed track and again "no" load.

The weight of the door is managed as with Lamborghini etc by the gas strut.

Takes care

Shadowman