Austin F1 track day possible

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
MVP runs one of the best track day circets I have been with and he is looking for interest in getting the new Austin, TX. F1 track for and event, please contact him if interested.

MVP Track Time - 2013 Circuit of The Americas Track Weekend

Good Day All:

Hopefully the subject line caught your attention. Since you are reading this e-mail, I trust you may be intrigued by the idea of driving on America's newest F1 track in Austin, Texas.

For some time, MVP Track Time has been in conversations with the new US Formula 1 track, Circuit of The Americas (COTA) [http://circuitoftheamericas.com], in Austin, Texas about renting the F1 track for a track weekend. Would you like to drive the same track Alonso, Vettle, Raikkonen and Button will race on in The USA, before they do? It appears I'm not the only one who'd like to drive COTA, as conversations with many attendees at our track events has been positive about the idea of a COTA track event.

The purpose of this e-mail is to determine if the commitment is there from MVP Track Time's clientele. This is a very ambitious committment (After all they spent something along the lines of $250M building COTA) on MVP's behalf and I need to see if we can make this work. Here's the skinny if MVP jumps in to rent Circuit of The Americas.
• The track event will probably be a three day weekend event, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but we are inquiring about Saturday & Sunday only as well. (Offer your opinion)
• Preliminary dates are March 15-17, 2013 for three days, or March 16-17, 2013 for two days.
• Due to the track rental cost we must switch to a four(4) run-group format instead of our usual three run-group format, BUT we will schedule four longer sessions each day for each run group, so we still schedule approximately two hours of track time daily for each run group.
• Realistically for each driver, figure $600-$650 if we only go Saturday & Sunday, or $750-$850 if we go Friday-Saturday-Sunday. I'm leaning toward 3 days becuase of my drive from St. Louis.

What MVP needs from each of you is a verbal or e-mailed "Yes" or "No" to determine if we go beyond this e-mail. We are not yet asking for any entry fees or registrations yet, just a pseudo survey to gauge interest. Please take a few minutes to think it over, have the discussion now with your significant other (My wife has already said I can go play in Austin!) and then drop me a Yeah or Nay e-mail at Feffman@MVPTrackTime.com or call me at (314) 249-3770.

Circuit of The Americas, home of The US Grand Prix for the forseeable future, is a unique 3.47 mile track event opportunity so I hope you'll join us to come drive for a long, 3-day weekend at Circuit of The Americas. I look forward to hearing from each of you. Happy Motoring.

Mark Pfeffer - President, MVP Track Time
www.MVPTrackTime.com
Phone: (314) 249-3770
Fax: (636) 530-6846
E-mail: Feffman@MVPTrackTime.com

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Interesting

Same weekend as TX2K

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Interesting

Same weekend as TX2K

Largely different crowds in my opinion.

$850 for three days isn't too bad, but with four run groups could be pretty crowded.

Would be interested, but would prefer smaller group and higher price for more freedom on a new track.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Largely different crowds in my opinion.

$850 for three days isn't too bad, but with four run groups could be pretty crowded.

Would be interested, but would prefer smaller group and higher price for more freedom on a new track.

Agree. Yes on smaller group

dpdive

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 23, 2009
Buffalo, NY
I ran with MVP all summer and Blake will agree that this is a first class, no nonsense operation. If we run I'll be there.

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
The only way this can be set up is enough drivers contact Mark and sign up so he can secure the track. He needs driver to commit to the event.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I'd be up for this, I spent three days in Austin with the McLaren guys (Yeah Lewis!) and think that the track must be absolutely epic to drive.

Only problem for me is that the proposed weekend is the same day Eric Clapton in in Houston, so weekend before or after is a better fit personally

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
I contacted MVP and gave them my name so I am in if it happens

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Registration just opened for F1 track in Austin with MVP and it is now scheduled for February and I am now registered so anyone else that is interested now you know

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Signed up.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
See you there Wabbit

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I signed up. Track days are Feb 1,2 and 3 (Fri to Sun). See you guys there. AC

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Damn, I'm starting to hate winter....!

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
I went to the site and tried to register; however was unable to find a way to register for the event. I emailed Mark so we will see.

ben

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I'm in. I Understand that its now sold out tho'

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
MVP is very strict on their numbers. They will usually have a waiting list though.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Wow does it seem that COTA has stepped in it hardcore already. Yowza. Big time miscommunications on canceling some but not other people's track days. Serious heat on Facebook about cashing MVP's check for nearly $100k and then cancelling their track dates. That's going to be a sticky situation, and if I was MVP I'd be out of my mind.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
totally sucks and totally unprofessional on the part of COTA. Drivers Edge was also apparently close to a deal and then...COTA reneged.

I don't know what's behind this as they've already held track days there (e.g. there was one last weekend, although I understand that those guys paid $2K each). No doubt we'll all find out what's behind this debacle in due course but MVP is in a hard place - they could lawyer up and force the issue, but then imagine the "help" we'd all get at the track if it was forced to go ahead

I was SOOO looking forward to this event!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Maybe they just graduated from the Bernie Ecclestone school of Management.

Make an agreement, then shake down for more money.

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
COTA is offically back on the schedule Feb 1-3. :thumbsup