ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

Every year Arizona car scene heavyweight, great guy, and GT owner Peter Volny puts on the biggest car show in Arizona to benefit the Phoenix Children's Hospital. Last year 941 cars were on display spread out on the beautiful grass areas surrounding the lake that contains the world's tallest fountain. It's always spectacular and this year I've been asked to organize a special Ford GT display. The show is on Saturday February 8 from 10am to 3pm. Display cars should get there between 8am and 9am. Every year the Ford GT's are put in the best areas near the lake. I'd like to get as many Arizona GT owners (out of state GT's are welcome too) to join me for that event. The cost is $60 and 100% of the funds go to the Children"s Hospital. Any year GT is welcome, 64-66, 05-06, and 17-20. Post up here and join me on Feb. 8. For more info and to see some photos of last years event go to www.concoursinthehills.org

All the best.

Chip

concours-in-the-hills-show-grounds.jpg

Concour-in-the-Hills-2018-Ford-GTs-300x200.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed Sims

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Chip,
We are going to try and make this!
T&M

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The Arizona Cobra guys got relegated to the south forty and are going to be a mostly no show this year.

PS. I remember when that fountain was out in the middle of freakin nowhere. And then it bloomed. Everyone thought he was nuts. Turned out to be a genius.

wmjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Chip,
Since I have my '05 GT here this winter, After the Ford v Ferrari premiere, Lynn and I would love to attend. We went as spectators last year. It was an awesome event!
Jim

Reactions: GKW05GT

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Chip, We are going to try and make this! T&M

Excellent Terry. Your room sat Beck's Landing is ready.

Chip

Reactions: Apollo

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Chip, Since I have my '05 GT here this winter, After the Ford v Ferrari premiere, Lynn and I would love to attend. We went as spectators last year. It was an awesome event! .....Jim

Thanks Jim, It'll be a fun day.

Chip

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
I will also be attending and like last year, will be there early to assist in GT parking.

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I already signed up for this. Will be there.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Anybody in Phoenix area today with either a white or Tungsten GT I could see before heading back to Seattle tonight.
If so please call me.
Thanks,
Rob
425-941-9196

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
A few pictures from todays Concours in The Hills. Had about 15 GTs at the event with what I am told was over a 1,000 cars total.
I must have had over a 100 pics of my GT. Off in the distance are 2 of the Ford vs. Ferrari movie cars. Which I had taken more pics. Maybe others will post pics.IMG_5247.JPG taken because the fountain in the background.

Attachments

• IMG_5248.JPG
    IMG_5248.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5254.JPG
    IMG_5254.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 17

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Correction: I must have had over a 100 pics of my GT taken by others because the fountain in the background.

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
taken because the fountain in the background.
No, that’s just the engine coolant line hose clamp that came loose

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Professional photographer photo attached.image2.jpeg

Reactions: DG1

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
The Concourse in the Hills has become a must do event in the Southwest.

Incredible to see more than 25,000 people all having the best day!

During the event a check for $250,000 was presented to the Phoenix Children's Hospital. Well done and thank you Peter Volny and Scuderia Southwest Events

P.S. That fountain will be in every picture:)
Resized_20200208_140353_2978(1).jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DG1

wmjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Beautiful weather (WAY nicer than South Dakota).concours 02.jpegimage1.jpegconcours 03.jpeg

wmjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I spotted my old '63 E-type Jaguar that I sold years ago to this guy in California. He recently moved to AZ and brought it to the show. It was fun meeting him for the first time!concours 04.jpeg

Reactions: GKW05GT

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
It's amazing when that fountain was built (1970) that area was out in the middle of nowhere. Now look at it.