Atlanta GT Meeting (pics)

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
Kirby, Tungsten, Lamboman, Callchuck and myself had the inaugural Atlanta GT owners meeting today. We ate and drank and swapped funny car stories.

Lamboman and Tungsten both have modified exhausts on their cars so we decided to use Tungsten's decibel meter to compare loudness. Lamboman's was the loudest by about 5db (he has the FRPP headers and racing exhaust).

I was the one holding the meter and I would chracterize Tungsten's sound as mellow and throaty, while Lamboman's was definately raw and visceral. After hearing these cars' exhaust, I am committed to getting some type of exhaust real soon.

The hightlight of the meeting was an impromptu trip to the local Ferrari dealer to see the owner's Heritage GT. Thats right, the owner of a Ferrari dealership has a Heritage GT! He also has a large collection of some serious Ferrari cars including an F430, F40 and a Ferrari race car.

The owner is modifying the standard wheels to resemble halibrand type knockoffs and is custom making decals to to resemble the 1968 and 1969 LeMans winning John Wyer Gulf racing Ford GT40 (see photo).

More photos can be seen in the Members Gatherings gallery.

Eric

Attachments

• Heritage GT 000.jpg
    Heritage GT 000.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 122
  • GTs at Ferrari Dealership.jpg
    GTs at Ferrari Dealership.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
Had a great time. The trip over to F cars of Atlata was a sight to behold..as well. And 4 GT's parked in front of the Ferrari dealership, unreal. They were very gracious to us, with the private tour into the "basement" the highlight for me. What a collection of Italian hardware...and one incredible GT.

We have decided to meet the first Saturday of every month...and hopefully our group of 5 will grow larger!!

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Looks like fun. I may have to drive up from Florida sometime just to participate.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
I have all the stickers for that car....I put them all on once and it just got way way way too buzy for me..so i went back to just a sinple gulf sticker....now pack up and get going to Detroit!

Matt

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Gulf stickers

Ditto Chris' comment. You are welcome to take a drive to Charleston, SC (or Folly Beach or Kiawah) I will be glad to host a get-together if you want to stray further away.

By the way...I will have some sheets of Gulf stickers available ( there are 7 or 8 in different sizes) at the rally this week. Look me up and I'll hook you up. No charge.

Gordo

PS: Did 800 + miles yesteday in the Heritage on my way to Dearborn. :biggrin

phoenix

GT Owner
Nov 27, 2005
Cartersville, Georgia
SEND ME A NOTE NEXT TIME YOU ARE GOING TO MEET - I LIVE IN CARTERSVILLE AND HAVE A RED GT

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Sorry Phoenix, that was my fault. Mark your calendar for the 1st Sat every month. We'll probably make a trip to the mountains for the Sep or Oct gathering.

stephen_becker

Permanent Vacation
Jan 26, 2006
atlanta, ga & charleston, sc
E mail me a note, as well. I live in Duluth and have an '05 white/blue stripe GT.

Thanks

SGB

stephen_becker

Permanent Vacation
Jan 26, 2006
atlanta, ga & charleston, sc
In September we should all drive up (thru the mtns.) to Cherokee, NC for the Jacky Jones all Ford show (and some gambling with the Indians, to boot!)

I think the show is the third weekend in Sept. Jacky has hosted the show since the early 1970's. Over 100 Shelby's, Cobra's, Mustangs and wild Ford cars show up and the GT's would fit right in............

Its a blast!

:banana

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
The next monthly get together will be 9/2, at On the Border at Mansell and 400, 1pm. Kirby should have his "chop top' back in hand by then....which I am most anxious to see. My RWHP should be well into the 700's by then...if all goes according to plan. Look forward to it. Come on out!!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Back in the days when John Apen owned FOA and I think it was in Tucker ('75) I bought my first FCar from him and several more, wish I never sold any of them., Great dealership with a super reputation. Doesn't surprise me to learn that the owner has a FORD GT.

Ron

GT Owner
Oct 7, 2005
Gainesville GA
Hello fellow owners,

I'm located in Gainesville, and would appreciate the opportunity to join the group activities. If you other owners could drop me a PM, I'll provide my local contact info so we can get in touch.

Thanks... ron

bitzman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 7, 2005
Congratulations to Ferrari dealer for hosting you

Having owned a Ferrari or two and encountering some snobbism at the dealer level I am happy to hear the dealership hosted you.
They are wise, as maybe one of you will break ranks and buy a Fazazz.

I wonder which organizations will host/sponsor Ford GT owner's meetings? I think some country club/resorts should be amenable. Maybe eventually there will be tours like the Colorado Grand just for Ford GT owners.

Anyhow congratulate Atlanta Ferrari dealer for being so welcoming.
Wally