Atlanta Area owners questions

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Being new was wondering if anyone has used AllSpeed in Peachtree city to change fluids or service. Local Ford dealer wants no part of the oil change said they would but did not like to because they were "too expensive" and did not want to damage. 2005 has 1100 miles and don't think has ever been changed but either way I want to do it. do you guys suggest any other service?
Thanks
gary

zrchris

GT Owner
Aug 12, 2009
Brentwood TN
MTI Racing in Marietta would have no problem doing the job.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
If you just got car, might also want to consider sending to one of forum sponsor shops for a full service, inspection, and the initial mods you've most likely been thinking of.

You will spend some money transporting car, but you'll have peace of mind knowing all work was done properly too.

Just a thought, especially if there were several mods you were thinking of. Might as well get all done at once.

Shelby is not too far away in Arkansas. GT Guys a bit further in Detroit.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
A tranny fluid change at 1K miles is also highly recommended by some as well:

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/s...iles-Maintenanace&highlight=service+intervals

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
A tranny fluid change at 1K miles is also highly recommended by some as well:

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/s...iles-Maintenanace&highlight=service+intervals

I take it that this service wasn't done to your FGT until it was sold.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...and you'd be correct, oh great sage.

2fast4u

FORD GT OWNER
Feb 9, 2006
MA and GA
I got my Gt off a guy who bought it and had all his work done at MAll of Georgia ford. Alot of hacks around be careful.. I dont leave my car when work is being done.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I got my Prowler from mall of ga but a long way from here.

2fast4u

FORD GT OWNER
Feb 9, 2006
MA and GA
I got my Prowler from mall of ga but a long way from here.
i currently have my house rented out in GA ... In MA i went over an hour to taska Ford in Rhode Island in order to get a trained GT tech... Still stayed all day... I also had a few vipers in GA and saw the problems that happen when people can take advantage of you and hurt your car if you let them.. HOpe you find a good tech.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I take it that this service wasn't done to your FGT until it was sold.

Maybe that was a little funny the first time. Perhaps even the second. Not the third and definitely not the hundredth time, ICE. We get it. Pockets chose not to drive his car much. So what? That's a very dead horse by now.

GTFUN

GT Owner
Aug 19, 2009
Atlanta,Ga
Go to Team Ford Marietta. Jason is GT certified and works on a lot of them here in Atl.: 888-841-7423

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Bring it to my house. We can change the oil, t/a, brake, and coolant fluids in an easy Saturday (these should have been serviced on your car by now). It is not difficult to do following the workshop manual procedures.

Last edited:

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Go to Team Ford Marietta. Jason is GT certified and works on a lot of them here in Atl.: 888-841-7423

If Jason is back at Team Ford in Marietta he is probably the best GT Tech in Georgia...when the GTGuy isn't here.

SKGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 22, 2008
Johns Creek, Ga
Jason Adams is back at Team Ford. Highly recommended.