Anyone in Spokane WA?

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
I'm looking for a Boss 429 Hood Scoop and there is a place named "Boss Performance" in Spokane that claim to have one. Only problem is I can't get them to reply to an e-mail (their preferred method of communication) or voice messages.

These could be indicators I should do business elsewhere or maybe there are extenuating circumstances...

Anyone local available to check them out?

Or better yet, anyone have or know of a Boss 429 hood scoop?

Thanks!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I think Steve Strange spends the winters in Las Vegas. I don't know what role his son plays in the business but they have a second site;

http://www.bossperformance.com/stevestrange.asp

They also use eBay a lot and may respond to questions there faster.

I don't know them. Met Steve one time. I grew up in Spokane.

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Thanks, I'll ping their e-bay account.

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Wow... Not a firm with which I'd choose to do business...

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Wow... Not a firm with which I'd choose to do business...

Love to hear the details. You can P/M me if you don't want them public (which I will honor).

Only cause I still have friends who live and deal in that circle in Spokane. Just curious.

Oh, and a Shelby friend from North Carolina that sends me links to his $6,000 batteries and $4500 oil pans on eBay.

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
2112 - PM sent.

Yes, I too have seen some pretty crazy prices for stuff being sold as "Boss 429" parts. I'm certain that's why those guys don't advertise prices...

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I am sure you have seen Perkins in Wisconsin. His stuff is sweet but holy crap!!! NOS battery for $14,000 couple years back.

"69 B9 in Maroon or Black Jade is my ultimate Gen I Mustang. Not willing to sell an FGT to get one tho.

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
My project is a 69 Royal Maroon Boss 429 convertible - so close but not the real thing. Like you, not willing to pony up that kind of money for an original.

I did not know of Perkins so I found their website and sent a note. We'll see what happens.

Thanks again.

Joe

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
What about your B9 engine? Kaase heads or originals? Oil drainback choice?

sounds cool.

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
I'm cheating a little... It's a 460 Motorsport block and stroker, 544CID w/Kasse heads. Kasse single plane manifold and Holley port injection kit arrives Wednesday.

IMG_1657.JPG

Reactions: digman1 and 2112

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Hah, that’s not cheating.

800hp? I hope you have really reinforced that unit body, All that torque will twist a car like a pastry. 😁