Anyone else enjoying theirs in IL

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
For 2 weeks straight I was able to bang around town. The weather was pretty sweet... :thumbsup

Anyone else in IL uncovering and blowin out the exhaust?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yes, but I'm way south of you. Last week in April I'll have it up north.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
dad has had his out a couple of times... I always call him to rub it in when I have mine out out here... he's in the nw burbs of chicago

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Tim, I must have missed the post....
Did your dad get a Heritage?

See you at the National event!!!

snaproll

GT Owner
Dec 3, 2006
Naples, FL
I'll split the difference with you guys re: location -- in central IL. Got it out with the new Accufab exhaust. Actually, the first time I've really driven it since buying it in Jan. The car is ridiculous in a great way; a real treat for all the senses without excuses. The attention it gets is ridiculous too, especially around here.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The attention it gets is ridiculous too, especially around here.

That's the case ANYWHERE, snap!:thumbsup :cheers

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Tim, I must have missed the post....
Did your dad get a Heritage?

See you at the National event!!!
My DAD freakin won the Ronald McDonald House FGT back in October of 06.. He spent $200 in tickets two days before the raffle... GO Figure. Search thread "My Dad won a GT" I think..

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Snap, you have a PM

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
I'll split the difference with you guys re: location -- in central IL. Got it out with the new Accufab exhaust. Actually, the first time I've really driven it since buying it in Jan. The car is ridiculous in a great way; a real treat for all the senses without excuses. The attention it gets is ridiculous too, especially around here.

Yeah I get crazy attention here as well. In fact it sort of bothered me at first, but now I get a kick out of it. :thumbsup

Did you have your exhaust put on in IL or did you do it yourself... In fact, anyone know a reputable place where I could get the pulley / ECU flash in Northern IL?

snaproll

GT Owner
Dec 3, 2006
Naples, FL
Yeah I get crazy attention here as well. In fact it sort of bothered me at first, but now I get a kick out of it. :thumbsup

Did you have your exhaust put on in IL or did you do it yourself... In fact, anyone know a reputable place where I could get the pulley / ECU flash in Northern IL?

I did the exhaust myself. Not a big deal at all. The pulley/tune business is not on my radar. I don't see tweaking the thing in that dept but you might try Anderson Ford in Clinton, IL - they're big into that stuff though I don't know if they've seen too many GT's.

Bruce

EUROKLR

GT Owner
Feb 17, 2006
Exhaust, tune, etc

I also live in the northwest suburbs of Chicago and don't trust any local speed shops or dealerships with the care of my gt. How about geting the GT Guys to shoot over to Chicago and do some work on our gt's, that way we would be sure to get the work done right, safely and professionally. Anyone else interested?

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
I also live in the northwest suburbs of Chicago and don't trust any local speed shops or dealerships with the care of my gt. How about geting the GT Guys to shoot over to Chicago and do some work on our gt's, that way we would be sure to get the work done right, safely and professionally. Anyone else interested?

You've got my interest; How many would it take to get them on board, better yet, how many others in IL are interested? :thumbsup

Come to think of it I might know someone that could have the facilities and he has a few GT's himself... hmmm...

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Get them into town and I'll drive up. I thought seriously about trying to host in St. Louis, but not many cars here. I'll gladly come to the Windy. Frank

EUROKLR

GT Owner
Feb 17, 2006
The GT GUYS in Chicago?

3 or 4 on board I think thats a good start. I'm sure we can do better than that it seems all the action is on the west and east coast. Lets go Midwest! Anybody on Wisconsin or Indiana borders interested? Lets keep this one alive!
Anyone out there with info on what it takes to get the GT guys here?
Tom

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Anyone out there with info on what it takes to get the GT guys here?
Tom

CA$H

:thumbsup

snaproll

GT Owner
Dec 3, 2006
Naples, FL
Have a track club weekend at Road America or combine it with another event, say a Shelby club event coming up at Road America, for example. Get your guys to come up for the weekend and then leave your cars with them afterwards for upgrades. Something like that might be fun for everyone.

bb

Chicago GT

GT Owner
Apr 25, 2007
I'm a new GT owner in Naperville Illinois, looking for a tuner in the Chicago area to install an accufab exhaust. Thanks to Tony in Wisconsin for answering all my questions regarding this outstanding car.

Dave

GT Owner
Apr 25, 2007
06 Heritage GT replacing ACR Viper this friday

My new 06 heritage GT is arriving friday still wrapped in plastic. I'm pretty excited to see how this compares to my 02 ACR. Ony put 1000 miles on the Viper, but expect to log-on considerably more to the GT. I'm gonna stop being one of those guys who stores cars. Too much work too little time! This is a great site--Thanks for the opportunity to join. Dave Guelde-Clarkston Mi.:banana :banana

metalman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 22, 2006
Need GT oil change in IL

Ok, so this is my first post after reading the forum for several months. First off, you guys are very knowlegable. Congrats to Mike on the purchase of your new silver / no stripe. I need an oil change in N. IL / SE WI, can anyone help, I need to a Ford dealer with experience. I pulled my 2006 Heritage out of a local dealer last week, who told me they were experienced and the mechanic admitted they had never worked on one.

DRIVEBY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 17, 2006
Las Vegas
If you live near the city, Napleton Ford in near north Chicago has worked on a few. 6500 N. Western Ave. Figure about $275 for an oil change.