Any Houston GT Owners Have a Tungsten Car?

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Goofy question, but my wife is critical of the color.....I love it in pictures but neither of us has seen one in person. Anyone interested in giving us an opportunity to see it live?

Thanks!

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
There are a few. However, there are more Quick Silvers in Houston which is ironic since it is the rarest color produced.

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Goofy question, but my wife is critical of the color.....I love it in pictures but neither of us has seen one in person. Anyone interested in giving us an opportunity to see it live?

Thanks!
There are 2 here! You said before you had spoken to or were aware of BJ Motors! Drive out there and see Bernie!

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Great suggestion thanks! I didn’t think to check out their stock to see what they had in. If I don’t go to Lufkin on a mercy mission I’ll tell the wife there is a new high end purse shop in Tomball.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
tiago is in houston, he has a tungsten car and he is a member here. you might be able to see the car at a sat night ottos meet.

Tomcat

GT Owner
My wife enthusiastically approved of the Tungsten grey with stripes.
From original press release (I guess it was initially called Tungsten sliver vs grey): Tungsten Silver highlights Ford GT design details

To commemorate the 40th Anniversary of the Ford's first win at Le Mans, the 2006 Ford GT will be offered in a limited-edition Tungsten Silver, which replaces Quick Silver on the Ford GT's color palette. A Quick Silver racing stripe can be added to the Tungsten Silver package.

Tungsten Silver was developed for the 2004 North American International Auto Show Ford "Performance Trilogy" show cars - the Ford GT, the Shelby Cobra roadster concept and the new 2005 Mustang GT. Customer demand was so overwhelming that the color was added to the production palette.

"There's good contrast between the colors," says Camilo Pardo, chief designer of the Ford GT. "But it's a discreet contrast. In Tungsten Silver, the Ford GT is really dressy, like a fine suit. It looks mature.

"This dark silver color also brings out all the design features and the subtleties of the car," he adds. "In fact, people who've seen it thought we'd added a feature line around the side of the car. It's always been there, but you may not notice it in the car's other colors. The Tungsten Silver really brings it out."

Pardo notes that in the design studio, clay models are covered with "Dynoc" material that is a similar hue to Tungsten silver. The color is specifically designed to enhance the vehicle design details for evaluation.

"We use silver to evaluate our designs throughout the whole process," he says. "It brings out the subtleties, the returns and the negatives, the differences between horizontal and vertical surfaces."

Reactions: Iconic GT