Any advantage to ethanol free gas?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You know, you guys could have just read Consumer Reports about this and saved us these long, lengthy explanations from a guy who waits at the gas pump until the person in front of him fills up with premium.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
When I started this thread I had no idea it would lead to so much information but I’m glad it did. Thanks guys. 👍

Reactions: steved57

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Ohhhhhh Frank!o_O

Texas, glad you found it interesting. It is a very complex topic not appreciated by most. (especially Dr. Frank) As I stated earlier Chip posted a VERY interesting post on fuel blending requirements by different counties he serves. It is quite amazing (if still valid) how you cannot ship/transfer fuel product from one county to the next due to regulatory requirements. Perhaps Chip could dig that gold nugget out and repost. It was good!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Sorry Indy, could not resist.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
For those interested, I dug out Mr. Beck's much earlier post (13 years ago) on this topic. He knows his gas topic well.

Reactions: 2112

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
For those interested, I dug out Mr. Beck's much earlier post (13 years ago) on this topic. He knows his gas topic well.

OK, I understand it now, and all it did was make me mad! 😂 :mad:

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
OK, I understand it now, and all it did was make me mad! 😂 :mad:
There an old military saying, “Don’t ask questions that you won’t like the answer to.” 😉