Another Wing Paint Damage Issue

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
I had the '18 GT out for a long run today in this glorious early Fall weather here in MA. Got back, parked the car and raised the rear wing as directed to prevent the paint gouging problem to the rear quarter panels caused by the INBOARD leading edge of the wing "tipping" if stored in the down position thereby making contact with the body. I'm about ready to lock up and leave my storage building and a NEW revolting development was noticed. The OUTBOARD leading edge of the wing on both sides incurred a small paint chip at the leading edge CORNER. I've not seen this kind of wing paint damage discussed on the Forum.

Has anyone else experienced a paint chip on the outboard corners of the leading edge of the wing itself on both sides? If so, is there a fix or adjustment to prevent recurrence before I have the paint repaired?

Also, I have delayed arranging for refinishing the two approximately 1/4" diameter gouges on the L and R rear quarters caused by the wing tipping when stored in the down position before Ford's TSB was issued advising us to park the car with the wing up. Have Ford or Multimatic Engineers developed a permanent fix for the wing tipping issue so the cars do not have to be parked with the wing deployed to the raised position?

It would be great to have these wing defects which cause paint damage mechanically resolved before undertaking the needed paint repairs as I am concerned with possible paint damage recurring after the panels are refinished.

usmcfred