Another week another track Buttonwillow X1'd

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
It's only been a week since The Utah Fast Pass. I haven't even taken the decals off yet. Kind of a hot day, at 97 degrees. First time here and I learned a lot with the help of my instructor. A big thanks to Shadowman for my "Special Tunes". :thumbsup
IMG_0954.jpg

VP__3355.jpg

VP__4794.jpg

VP__6259.jpg

Next Friday, the Big track at Willow Springs!!

H

HHGT

Beautiful Rick, thanks for sharing.

Did you have to wash the car in between runs:willy:willy

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Did you have to wash the car in between runs:willy:willy

Nope, only Red cars get dirty! :rofl:rofl:rofl Actually I'll have to wash it tomorrow, it's been a long day.

Between runs there is just a lot of questions from people who want to know more about the car.

Last edited:

mousecatcher

GT Owner
Jun 26, 2007
San Mateo, CA
it's awesome to see this car in its native habitat!

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
A little air under that passenger wheel. :thumbsup , tires must work good. Good apex as well .

BTW On the same pic something is hanging under the splitter on the right side. Could it be Buttonwillow Tumbleweed?.

Thanks for sharing

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
most exellent picutres!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Looks like fun, how did she handle the high temps?

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Looks like fun, how did she handle the high temps?

I thought she was running hot during the 3rd session, the gauge was at 240. But a call to Shadowman convinced me that I had nothing to worry about. The next 2 sessions were no different. Other than that the car, and tires handled the temps just fine. I was running on P2's with 30 lbs in the front and 34 lbs in the rear.

BTW On the same pic something is hanging under the splitter on the right side. Could it be Buttonwillow Tumbleweed?.

I'm not sure, I'll have to see if it's still there. I did manage to go into the corner before the front straight to early, let off the gas, and spun the car in 2 x 360's on the track before coasting backwards and planting the rear wheels in the dirt. This was the first time I've spun a car, so I'm no longer a virgin in that respect. :wink

Last edited:

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Just Awesome.......

Hammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 10, 2006
San Diego, CA
Great shots, man. Looks like almost too much fun.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
You're having too much fun, Rick. :thumbsup Definitely looks like you are locked-in to a new favorite hobby/passion :cheers