Another Viper Owner gets a GT

Viper 1

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
I picked up my 06 Heritage Edition car on Saturday and couldn't be happier. It has all the options including the space eating Mac sub. I just wanted to post and say that I am very pleased with the car and the forum has been incredibly helpful in making the decision to buy the car. I also plan to make the trip to Detroit in August. I have a couple of newbee questions. Should I get the shop manuals from Ford or Helm? Does anyone make any mirror bras? I would do the clear bra treatment but, as far as I know, no one does it in OKC. Thanks for the help guys.color :thumbsup

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Congratulations Viper 1! Enjoy the ride! :cheers
Are you per chance another Okie?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Dear Okee, mirror covers can be had at speedlingerie.com. Go to the Members Gallery where I have posted pictures of my custom made bra and mirror covers, red/white stripes. Lived in OKC for a long time. If you go to the websites for 3M or Llumar, you should be able to find someplace near (Dallas?). Look at the past posts concerning these products. Where did you get your car from?

getbit

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 15, 2006
Austin, Texas
Another joins the converted! I traded out of my last Viper into the GT, also.
I'll end up getting another Viper eventually but for now, the GT is all I need.

CHAD

GT Owner
Feb 17, 2006
Sarasota, FL
Welcome. As you probably noticed, there are a bunch of us here.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Congratulations! :cheers

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
if any of you are looking for a Viper please let me know.

Viper 1

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
Thanks for the replys. Yep I'm another Okie in OKC. The car came from the dealer in Ponca City. I think you are right I will have to go to Dallas to get the 3M shield. I have to get the right straps for my trailer first. I have read about the lack of the orange touch up paint. Any news on when or if this will be available? About the only negatives I have found with the car are the lack of storage space (no big deal) and the attention it draws. People go crazy over these cars. I thought I got attention in the Viper but its nothing like the GT. I had it delivered on a flat bed and the truck got stopped twice by the cops so they could take pictures of it! Amazing.

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
I've had several Vipers too. I'm also looking for a GT now thanks to Getbit, Chad, Biggs and a couple of other guys. They seem to love them, so I figure I might as well see what all the fuss is about.

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
Welcome to the Viper & GT club! Or are you Viper --> GT?

Viper 1

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
Big Carrot: Do you know of any clear bra installers in the Dallas area? If you drive the GT you will want one. I still like my Vipers but the GT is on a different level as it should be since it costs almost twice as much. I think its worth it though. Any help on the installers will be appreciated since I can't get it done here.

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
Viper 1 said:
Big Carrot: Do you know of any clear bra installers in the Dallas area? If you drive the GT you will want one. I still like my Vipers but the GT is on a different level as it should be since it costs almost twice as much. I think its worth it though. Any help on the installers will be appreciated since I can't get it done here.

What kind of question is that??? Of course I do! I'm sure I can save you some money too. ;) The guy that did my Gallardo did an awesome job, and he was super cheap! He only charged like $500 to do the full clear bra, window tint, and smoked headlight and tail light covers! BUT I paid him, and he never came back to do the light covers, so I won't send him any business. He was too cheap on the job, but that's what he quoted me, so that's what he should do. The guy just never returned my calls, and it has cost him at LEAST five other jobs that I would have thrown his way. The guy that did my SRT-10 also did a great job, and he can do custom patterns, so you can literally cover anything you want. Send me a pm when you get ready, and I'll give him a shout.