Another Ford GT only Drivers School

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Well we've decided to do it again with a bit of a twist. I have been contacted by a group doing a show on SuperCars for Speed Channel. It is their intention to film our drivers school as part of that program. The date of the school has not been solidified as yet but we are going to chose, based on attendees wishes, between March 4th, 6th, 11th or 13th. Those are Tuesdays and Thursdays. We will be using the BIG TRACK at Willow Springs as before.

The Ford GT's Chief Engineer, Neil Hannemann, will be back with us and several of the students from the first school are planning on attending again. Another instructor, with a fine racing background in various venues including IMSA, is our favorite "Nerd" Bobby Carradine.

The one day school is $2,000.00 and as a student of the school you will be eligible to purchase a set of standard Ford GT BBS Six Spoke cast wheels with Hoosier R6 tires for $3,000.00.

Those that are interested may contact me at - TallCarGuy@aol.com

Richard Hille

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Well we've decided to do it again with a bit of a twist. I have been contacted by a group doing a show on SuperCars for Speed Channel. It is their intention to film our drivers school as part of that program. The date of the school has not been solidified as yet but we are going to chose, based on attendees wishes, between March 4th, 6th, 11th or 13th. Those are Tuesdays and Thursdays. We will be using the BIG TRACK at Willow Springs as before.

The Ford GT's Chief Engineer, Neil Hannemann, will be back with us and several of the students from the first school are planning on attending again. Another instructor, with a fine racing background in various venues including IMSA, is our favorite "Nerd" Bobby Carradine.

The one day school is $2,000.00 and as a student of the school you will be eligible to purchase a set of standard Ford GT BBS Six Spoke cast wheels with Hoosier R6 tires for $3,000.00.

Those that are interested may contact me at - TallCarGuy@aol.com

Richard Hille

Man I wish I was closer I would love to attend !!! Why the heavy wheels for the track ?

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Guys, How did the last one go? I do not recall much feedback here. Who was able to make it?.

Edson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 28, 2007
Santa Monica
I attended the last track day. I felt it was very well run. There was a initial glitch with the gps units, but that was quickly rectified. The support staff was excellent, they had several mechanics in the pit. I went off track and the pit crew repaired the damage (front air dam) in 30 minutes and I was back out on the track.

I did about a dozen laps with Neil Hannemann as my copilot. Neil knocked 5 seconds off my lap times.

I plan on attending again, and my only gripe was lunch. I could have used a heartier meal.

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Edson,

The plan this time is for all of us to take a break in the middle of the day and go to a local restaurant so I can buy you all as substantial a meal as you would like. That way we can all have a chance to talk and prepare for the afternoon's training. I think that will work much better than last time.

Richard Hille
The GT School

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
GT Drivers School Date Set

To those that are interested, the Date of the Ford GT Drivers School is March 11th 2008. The school will run from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM with a break mid day for a relaxing lunch / discussion.

Richard Hille
The GT School

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Stormcat asked why the Cast wheels as opposed to the Forged Wheels? I was curious also.

Do you offer shipping back of the other wheel set?

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I did about a dozen laps with Neil Hannemann as my copilot. Neil knocked 5 seconds off my lap times.

About how many total laps or how much approximate track time for the day?

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
The reason for the cast wheel vs. the forged, is rather simple. I get a good deal on the cast wheels and they are just as strong, although a few pounds heavier. I really don't think any of our students are concerned about getting the last ounce of performance out of their GT as we are not at LeMans we are just showing people how to get more out of themselves and helping them to explore the incredible limits of the GT.

As to the amount of track time, simply put, you will have the opportunity to spend more time on the track than you are likely to want, as long as your vehicle and tires are able to hang in there.

Richard Hille
The GT School
GT Forum Mark IV Member

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
There is still a chance to get in on this school, and the tire/wheel deal.

Richard Hille
The GT School

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
The support staff was excellent, they had several mechanics in the pit. I went off track and the pit crew repaired the damage (front air dam) in 30 minutes and I was back out on the track.

Edson, I just wanted to mention, the guys that hepled you out after your off road excursion were the crew with Kent from John Mueller's company "Muellerized". They were very helpful and I really appreciated their help on several items.

This time we will have our own mechanic there to help with anything that comes up.

Richard Hille
The GT School

Edson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 28, 2007
Santa Monica
Thanks Richard,

I was impressed with the support that was provided last time. With any luck, I won't need them this time:)

Edson