An Atlanta FGT did not survive the weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Since Saturday, 2 very low mileage garage queen FGT's have surfaced in Atlanta. Sat night one was totaled in a crash that left the driver in the trauma unit of a local hospital with 2 broken legs. The crash victim will be ok but is looking at a long recovery. Today, a locally owned '06 black no stripe 400 mile FGT was awaiting service at Team Ford in Marietta. Be safe. :cheers

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Always engage brain before pressing on go pedal.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Even with brain engaged, you can be bitten. Happens to the best and worst. Thankfully the drivers are alive to tell the story! Be careful!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Hey Kirby, where's Don at? Did he get his new Audi?

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Hey Kirby, where's Don at? Did he get his new Audi?

I've traded a few calls with Don but haven't seen him in months. Seems he's either on a race track or in the Bahamas. He's high on the list for the V-10 R8 or whatever one comes out next. Hope things are well with you, Frank. :cheers

dr914

GT Owner
Feb 11, 2009
Marietta Georgia
I just got my 2006 two weekends ago and joined the Forum. Please what is the best Ford dealer for GT service in Atlanta, and does anyone know how many of the cars are in the Atlanta area?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Ht the search button and you will find disussion about service in Hotlanta.
Welcome to this place :) Please register your vin number above in the registry. There are some great owners in your area. I will change you from a spectator to an owner.

Last edited:

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
I just got my 2006 two weekends ago and joined the Forum. Please what is the best Ford dealer for GT service in Atlanta, and does anyone know how many of the cars are in the Atlanta area?

Congratulations.

The are 2 phenomenal Ford GT Techs in Atlanta. Scott Levine at Team Ford in Martietta, on Cobb Parkway just north of Dobbins AFB, (770) 422-1100. The other is Jason at North Point, 1575 Mansell Road in Alpharetta.

7 Atlanta GT owners get together fairly regularly. Email me and I'll keep you in the loop: kirbyvieira@bellsouth.net :cheers

Tungsten

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 22, 2006
Atlanta
Alive and Well

Howdy!
It has been awhile since I have talked to you guys. The Ford GT is running great and still just a heart stopping thrill to drive. I do have the Audi R8 and just love it. It is not a Ford GT, but it is a lot of fun to drive. I have the first V10 in Atlanta on order, but time will tell if I really take it or not. Prices on the R8 resales have fallen through the floor and the V10 is supposed to come in around $180. That may prove to be to rich for my blood.

I was at a party last night and one of the guys there is best friends with the latest Ford GT to be crashed. Said the guy was doing fine in the hospital, his passenger was not hurt. They made it sound like this guy drives really fast all the time and has done this before. According to them he impacted something at over 6 feet in the air. The car went airborne from the speed.
Another testament to a guy not thinking before putting the go pedal down, but more importantly, an amazing car that continues to save us dummies behind the wheel.

My best to each and everyone of you!!

Don

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
"According to them he impacted something at over 6 feet in the air. The car went airborne from the speed."

Yeah, those "Dukes of Hazzards" type stunts are usually not good for anyone involved-car, passengers, or the object(s) that eventually stop the ride.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Well, well Tungsten, bad weather in Nassau? Glad to see you back.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
welcome back Don :)
Glad your pal is on the mend... :)

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
when you say he went airborne because of the speed.. do you mean because of his speed going over a bump in the road or something??

Glad they are ok!! :cheers

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Bump

I saw photo's of this car from a friend who saw it shortly after the wreck - truly, it's a testament to the quality design & build that anyone survived. It was a "jaws of life" situation. Yes, there was a bump involved - and a first date!! Be careful guys!

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
when you say he went airborne because of the speed.. do you mean because of his speed going over a bump in the road or something??

Airborne like in the movie "Bullet". :cheers

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Sorry about the injuries, broken legs are generally easy to fix if you have the right surgeon. Now as for the FGT. Should be a felony to damge one! So this sounds like a trend, at least one FGT destroyed per weekend. Bony was saying one was totaled at Button Willow last weekend. So Sad. "One should know their limitations", as Dirty Harry would say.......

But common sense and restraint are disabilities of the elderly !

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Howdy!
It has been awhile since I have talked to you guys. The Ford GT is running great and still just a heart stopping thrill to drive. I do have the Audi R8 and just love it. It is not a Ford GT, but it is a lot of fun to drive. I have the first V10 in Atlanta on order, but time will tell if I really take it or not. Prices on the R8 resales have fallen through the floor and the V10 is supposed to come in around $180. That may prove to be to rich for my blood.

I was at a party last night and one of the guys there is best friends with the latest Ford GT to be crashed. Said the guy was doing fine in the hospital, his passenger was not hurt. They made it sound like this guy drives really fast all the time and has done this before. According to them he impacted something at over 6 feet in the air. The car went airborne from the speed.
Another testament to a guy not thinking before putting the go pedal down, but more importantly, an amazing car that continues to save us dummies behind the wheel.

My best to each and everyone of you!!

Don

Hey Don.. Good to hear you're alive !!:biggrin

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
It's good to hear this guy survived!

And this thread is a testament as to why I'm always only push my GT to a "8" while on the track. I feel kinda whimpy at times when Jeff B is tracking like a rock star. But I don't want to end up totalling this beautiful ride.

I guess is also stems from my tail end sliding towards a concrete wall at Firebird years ago when I was weekend racing my NSX. Had a few buddies put theirs into walls and through mountain side rails as well.

I've got a lot more race driving instruction to go through I guess?

ford.f1

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2009
Hello, someone see this page :ack

Last edited:

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
that'll buff right out.

Status