Alcantara protection

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
After a bit of research I purchased this to protect my Alcantara interior. No affiliation with Chemical Guys.

This video does a comparison between treated and non treated fabric.

Looks impressive. I'm sure there are other products available. What have others used?

GTinTN

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2019
Brentwood, TN
I have only used cleaning products, have not used the "scotch guard" type products - but you are right it does look impressive!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I use StormCat's hair jel.

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
Far to heavy

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Careful. I’ve seen alcantara products cause hardening of the fibre.

Reactions: dbk

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
So far, after 6000 miles mine still looks new. I always make sure to wear a pair of poncey driving gloves to keep the wheel nice

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Tricky material. Hesitant to use any products on it.
I have had 2 cars over last 8 years that are daily drivers with alcantera/ leather seats, besides vacuuming no other treatments. No problems and still look like new. ( in tough NE climate).

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I'm not an alcantara fan. Every little light colored speck shows up. I think they should give you a lint brush when you buy a car with an Alcantara interior!

Ed

Reactions: TORQJNKY

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Porsche offers a no-cost steering wheel leather option on their alcantara interiors.

Reactions: Ed Sims

ch_petrolhead

Aug 20, 2016
Swiss Mountains
I'm not an alcantara fan. Every little light colored speck shows up. I think they should give you a lint brush when you buy a car with an Alcantara interior!

Ed

Then, you should never buy a 997 GT3 RS. The fire-retardant fabric used for the bucket seats is worse than any alcantara, could replace a vacuum cleaner and perform better :ROFLMAO:

I have had 2 cars over last 8 years that are daily drivers with alcantera/ leather seats, besides vacuuming no other treatments.

Agree, just vacuum. It's enough.

Reactions: Ed Sims

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Porsche offers a no-cost steering wheel leather option on their alcantara interiors.

$400 Cdn option for the GT.

GLH

Apr 19, 2016
id be concerned that the spray will discolor the alcantara.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
So far, after 6000 miles mine still looks new. I always make sure to wear a pair of poncey driving gloves to keep the wheel nice
Ditto here mate with the gloves!I’m at 6,400 miles . No issues either