Airbag recall by GTG

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
Ok Forum friends. I have been asked by the “powers at be” to help with the getting as many air bag recalls done on the 2005-6 GT that I can. I have been doing them locally, and in my shop, for a few weeks. While I still have a lot of work at my shop I am looking to help out more, so I am looking at going on the road to do as many as I can. This way I can help any owner, and Ford, get this taken care of by someone that has worked on a “few” GT’s. If you are interested in having me, Rich Brooks, come out and do the recall send me an email to
(richgtguy@gmail.com along with the owner name, address where the car is, VIN, and mileage)
and I will see what we can put together. I will have to submit names, VINs, and mileage to Ford in order for them to give me the parts. Please give me some time to come up with a list and locations, and maybe I split the country into a few sections and do a few different trips. I don’t know how big the list will be, but I have to start somewhere. I do not want to post an owner list in the public section but maybe if this takes off we can have a list or two in the owner’s section?

Reactions: tmcphail

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
email sent!!

Tomcat

GT Owner
Mine was already done by my dealer...BUT I would have taken advantage of Rich's offer/expertise!!!

Mule Air

Jan 28, 2019
Raleigh, NC
Sounds great. Email Sent!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
If you come to the Boston area ,I got a place for you to stay and get well fed!

RJY

GT Owner
Feb 13, 2013
TN
Email sent Rich. Let me know if this is possible, thanks.

Mule Air

Jan 28, 2019
Raleigh, NC
HI. Has anyone heard back from Rich about this?

Ford is still calling me ~weekly, but the latest contact person was aware that Rich would be doing some of these recalls. Thanks for your help.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
I'm hoping I can get him to do mine too - hoping he's coming to Texas

Rick Mustang

GT Owner
Mar 29, 2016
Central Texas
Me too

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
This would be great if it works out. Email sent.

Reactions: steved57

Mule Air

Jan 28, 2019
Raleigh, NC
I heard from Rich this week. Hopefully he will be able to put NC on his schedule. DMV sent 2 letters that I cannot register next year if this is not done.

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Rich just did my air bags recall work. I bet I was one of the last AZ GT owners holding out on getting my air bags replaced. Other GT forum owners need to take Rich up on his offer to do your air bags. Was great to have a known expert on or cars do the work.

Attachments

• IMG_5088[1].JPG
    IMG_5088[1].JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 18