Additional fan control

Tipo874

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Tucson, AZ
I would like to have an additional way of turning on at least the low speed fan and possibly both fans outside the control of the PCM. What would be the safe way of doing this without risking damage to the PCM? I still want to retain control of the fans via the PCM. Perhaps a grounding of an existing wire? If so, which one? This is in a project car.

Thanks, David

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
At connector C213 - in front bonnet on passenger side up near the windshield...pin 33 is a Light Green/Yellow Stripe. Give that ground and you will have a low speed fans. Same connector (C213) pin 11 is Light Green/Violet Stripe. Give that ground and you will have high speed fans. You can hook up with a SPDT switch with one leg to ground and the other two legs to these wires. Wiring can be small (16-ga) as these are only relay triggering wires - no high current.

Reactions: GT101

Tipo874

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Tucson, AZ
At connector C213 - in front bonnet on passenger side up near the windshield...pin 33 is a Light Green/Yellow Stripe. Give that ground and you will have a low speed fans. Same connector (C213) pin 11 is Light Green/Violet Stripe. Give that ground and you will have high speed fans. You can hook up with a SPDT switch with one leg to ground and the other two legs to these wires. Wiring can be small (16-ga) as these are only relay triggering wires - no high current.

Thank You! This is exactly what I was looking for.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
The info that can be here is incredible