Accufab car runs 6.35 @221 mph video

Accufab

Mar 14, 2006
Watch this. 4.6 Ford twin turbo 45 pounds of boost. This is what I do with the rest of my time.

http://www.streetlegaltv.com/index....overage/20071005_PSCA_AZ/20071005_Elim1_1.flv

Thanks,

John Mihovetz

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
Congratulations John, what an incredible pass!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Hey John,
Will you send me an autograph ? :)
Great job!!
Proud to be your customer!
Cheers,
daniel

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Home of the fastest Modular Powered car on the Planet.:eek

6.35 @222 MPH:cheers
PSCA World Record Holder
NHRA AA/AT World Record Holder

Any faster and you will have to go Galatic:thumbsup

Outstanding !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
At the risk of showing my ignorance, what the heck is a "modular powered" car?

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Modular Motors are what Ford made famous. They went to a modual concept to try and make the manufactuing process and many of the engine parts interchangable with other motors. Some reports say it was because the manufacturing processes were modular but I disagree. I can add to my fame in saying I was the one of the guys who cracked the first powdered metal rod ever made.

Some of the first (they did for production motors).
First powdered metal conn rod
First "cracked cap & rod (patented at Romeo engine plant
First light weight hollow tube cam shafts with powdered metal cam lobes swedged on (super light compared to cast camshafts.
First to make a "Turn Broached" crank shaft patented. This is for machining the counter weights and knife edging them.

In reality Ford revolutionised the engines when they made the V8, V10 modular motor 4.6, 5.4, 6.8L. They never got the credit they deserved and everyone has copied or pay them royalties now.

Actually i am working on a project for Ford Clev Oh V6 crank line now, and its cool to see the high teck V6 get marked Jaguar and next to it get marked Ford. Very simalar to the mad V8 motors in design.

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
awesome run! truly incredible.

Congrats!!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
John,
Great pass !! That thing looked like it was skatin on one wheel !! What ever happened to the Twin Turbo GT you had or have under development? I got a first hand look at the beast last year at SEMA...

Last edited:

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
At the risk of showing my ignorance, what the heck is a "modular powered" car?

Keith,

Look out in your garage at the Red/White & Yellow/Black things parked there.:lol:lol:lol:lol

Accufab

Mar 14, 2006
What John failed to share with you was he was the #1 qualifyer with a 6.469 @ 221.32 (this was a 10-car Pro Street field). He ran a 6.357 @ 221.82 in the first round and backed it up with a 6.363 @ 222.14 in the second round. He also was the class winner.

These were the first 6.30's runs in the 6-year history of the Pacific Street Car Assoc. The class that John runs in is primarily made up of 500-600 cubic inch Big Block Chevy's with either three stages of nitrous or dual turbochargers. They are also permitted to run alcohol or methanol fuel (John runs gasoline). Needless to say, there are a few Chevy racers shaking their heads over John's 281 cubic inch (4.6L) Ford.

George Klass

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
Congrets to John and the gang at Accufab. I am loving your XPipe more and more as I drive the car more and more! :cheers :thumbsup

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
Congrats to Accufab. I sure feel good because it's Accufab bolts that are holding my rear end together. :cheers

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
In reality Ford revolutionised the engines when they made the V8, V10 modular motor 4.6, 5.4, 6.8L. They never got the credit they deserved and everyone has copied or pay them royalties now.

I didn't know other companies are paying them royalties to use patented modular technology! I'd like to learn more...please elaborate.

The Mod motors are very capable when FI is applied, no doubt. But that same modular concept and the resulting tight bore spacing for FWD transverse applications is why we are so limited compared to the naturally aspirated LS1-LS7 in terms of cubic inches. It still is shocking to me when I think of our GT's having such an undersquare bore:stroke ratio.

Here's hoping the next gen Hurricane Ford V8's give us Modular durability and OHC smoothness with Chevy LS motor style bore spacing!

Just imagine what Accufab would do with 7 liters at their disposal....:thumbsup

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
mod motors

Thanks TP Race man - Great synopsis of the FMC modular story.

Ed