Avondale, Arizona
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diSFvTtKykM

i hate it when that happens :willy

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
dude can't shift and probably banging off the limiter killed the motor. This is probably why they have licensing passes. lol

SFGT

GT Owner
Oct 23, 2012
looks like he also forgot to activate the fire system

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
That's about the 70th vette fire I've seen this year.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
dude can't shift and probably banging off the limiter killed the motor. This is probably why they have licensing passes. lol
I agree he did look pretty rough!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That whole pass was all kinds of wrong. Yikes.

Dolph

GT Owner
Dec 25, 2012
Ruston, LA
And the front tires never popped !!! I was there and saw it.

Dolph

MRL

Feb 22, 2013
Yeah it was weird....car sounded wrong big time. we watched the pass from the infield and the car came to rest about 500ft past us. It was nice that they put it on display for the rest of the weekend though lol.

This was such a strange Texas mile....nothing was fast (other than Mark)....I think I could count all the 200mph cars on 1 hand, and piles of blown up motors.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Given that Texas is the biggest place in the US after Alaska, why can't you find a smooth place to run?

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Given that Texas is the biggest place in the US after Alaska, why can't you find a smooth place to run?

yes, the Houston Mile. look it up.

Dolph

GT Owner
Dec 25, 2012
Ruston, LA
Yeah it was weird....car sounded wrong big time. we watched the pass from the infield and the car came to rest about 500ft past us. It was nice that they put it on display for the rest of the weekend though lol.

They did put it on display, unlike the blue car that rolled. It was covered with a tarp.

This was such a strange Texas mile....nothing was fast (other than Mark)....I think I could count all the 200mph cars on 1 hand, and piles of blown up motors.

I agree, strange Mile, I couldn't bust 197.2

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
No doubt Beeville is a strange place but I am not sure folks realize how difficult track conditions are plus the wind is always a factor and very seldom at your back. If the are able to put the Houston Mile together all these constraints will be out the window. Currently the mile in Houston still has a lot of work to go and a bunch of obstacles to overcome but we all have our fingers crossed.