A real folding chair that fits under the bonnet!

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
I go to car shows and other outdoor events. Finding a folding chair that will fit under the bonnet of a GT and still be a REAL chair when set up was a bit of a challenge. Have never seen one of these before and a search here did not turn it up so figured others might be interested. Its a Pico Folding Arm Chair. A bit pricey for a chair but it does fit, looks good with the car, is comfortable and seems well made. Pay no attention to the color name. The one labeled 'Sage' is gray and black and is a good match to the GT interior. I paid $93 with 2nd day air shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/GCI-Outdoor-PICO-Arm-Chair/dp/B0042X0YCK

6857806170_c32d343d9c_b.jpg

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
'GREAT find! :thumbsup:thumbsup

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
nice !!!

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
I usually place 2 of the larger folding models behind the passenger seat, makes it snug if I have a passenger!!!

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
great find.

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
We picked up two of these a couple years ago.

They will also fit long ways up and down behind the seats, one each.

Of course, wouldn't work for you tall guys that have to have the seats back all the way.

Jeff

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I got a nice one at WalMart for $5. Fits just like yours in the trunk and it came in RED.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
I got a nice one at WalMart for $5. Fits just like yours in the trunk and it came in RED.

Please post a pic of the chair you bought at WM. I could use a couple more but not at what I paid for the Pico I already bought. I looked a wally world but did not see anything that would even come close. Let me and others know what to look for. If they are reasonably nice, I can still send this one back to Amazon.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Gonna get one. It will do double duty in the car and on the Grand Canyon this summer. Double win!

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston

I looked at that one, its not the same chair. Same brand but different model. Not the pico and does not fold down near as small. Notice the rounded bend in the front of the legs, which do not telescope down. Folded size of that one is still much too large to fit under the GT bonnet.