A/C High Side

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
Does someone know where the High Side connection to the A/C is? The Ford Dealer can't find it.

Thanks,
Joe

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
Both together under the luggage compartment in the front bonnet

Attachments

• 20170711_091826.jpg
    20170711_091826.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 200

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I would be "slightly" worried to let the work on the car if they can't find the high side especially since its right next to the low.

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
He connected the Low right at the Compressor, which he condemned as leaking. Evidently, Ford put dye in the refrigerant.

Joe

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
yes most if not all ford cars come from the factory with die in the system, exactly how did he connect the low at the compressor? I'm a little confused?

if the compressor is leaking it would be very easy to see with the black light and glasses wouldn't even have to connect anything to the compressor

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
I couldn't see, but he was getting readings. The Compressor had dye on the casing joint, but again, I couldn't see where it was coming from. He connected to add 12oz. of Refrigerant, which got it working. It is still working a week later.

Joe

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
sounds like a bad front seal in the compressor housing, mine did that a few months ago, a new compressor is about 500 bucks just replace it and be done with it.

if its a slow leak it may take a while for it to leak out...

I'm still a little confused on where he could put the refrigerant in the system by the compressor, I don't remember seeing a valve in that area anywhere ....

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
He did it?

Thank you,
Joe

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
"sounds like a bad front seal in the compressor housing, mine did that a few months ago, a new compressor is about 500 bucks just replace it and be done with it."

Do you have the Part number for the Compressor?

Joe

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
sorry joe I don't have the part number off hand but if you ask the dealer for a 05/06 ford GT AC compressor I'm sure they would not have any trouble getting one, you may need your vin number though

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I wouldn't recommend replacing the compressor just yet. If it loses some of its charge every 11-12 years, I wouldn't be too concerned about it. To properly maintain a GT, it should be started occasionally and each time the car is started, the AC system should be exercised.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Ditto what nota4re said: I've gone for years with compressors that leaked a little on other cars. Usually a charge for the season will cover it. I had a GMC van that I added two cans of refrigerant per year, did that for 8 years and it never got worse. You can add refrigerant yourself with some simple tools. In fact most auto parts stores now sell cans with gauges and connections already on them. Not the best, but good enough.

To quote my old nuclear engineering professor, "everything leaks," the question is, how much? If you car has never had a recharge, holding it 12 years is pretty damn good! At any rate, if you recharge it, and it doesn't lose most of its refrigerant for several more years, you know it's good. If it loses its charge in 3 months, then consider changing the compressor. But as others have noted, use it more often, and the seals may work better and hold the charge longer.