Southern California
Well that was awesome. Bad boy revs.

Vince H

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Quite a lot power. Still not sure if I would convert a naturally aspirated engine with >500hp, which is quite controlable on the track, to forced induction. I'd also like to know about durability of engine and transmission too. I mean it is Not a ricardo box, where cost was no issue.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Yep, that car really needed more hp. :facepalm:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Quite a lot power. Still not sure if I would convert a naturally aspirated engine with >500hp, which is quite controlable on the track, to forced induction. I'd also like to know about durability of engine and transmission too. I mean it is Not a ricardo box, where cost was no issue.

Testing a drivetrain to destruction with grossly over-powered engines is the hallmark of the Mustang crowd. We will find a way to supercharge the first hydrogen Mustang.

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
Shazam!

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
WOW! I still love the idea of a naturally aspirated flat plane crank motor that revs.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
No thanks. NA and MT please.

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Love those revs. WOW!

If I owned that green (yellow) Mustang, I'd be worried.

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Looks like a prototype model for the new GT500!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Wonder if it would pass Ford's durability testing....

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Wonder if it would pass Ford's durability testing....

Conspicuously absent in the Ford Performance / Ford Racing catalog are any kind of supercharger adds for the Voodoo engine. The GT350 is now in its second production year and such bolt ons have been available at the announcement of the car or shortly thereafter. Given Ford has not added a Whipple to the engine, draw your own conclusions. [I was told by a little birdie that Ford will not do it, and will not look the other way on warranty claims with blown engines. The same people said it wasn't because the engine can't handle the boost, but because the balancing of the FPC is more than voodoo and black magic and some of it is external.]

P.S. This isn't the first of these demonstrations, yet I've not seen anyone claim to have bought one. The usual Mustang aftermarket guys like Shelby and Saleen usually have something for new Mustangs pretty quickly, yet they are also absent on the GT350.

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Aware of all of those points, and exactly why I posed the question...

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Aware of all of those points, and exactly why I posed the question...

And those same points are why, to this point, there is no crate engine version of Voodoo. They can put the Voodoo in the box, but don't believe the black magic is within the reach of most of the people that do crate engines. I suspect an experienced racing team would be able to acquire them but so far noone has.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Testing a drivetrain to destruction with grossly over-powered engines is the hallmark of the Mustang crowd. We will find a way to supercharge the first hydrogen Mustang.

^yes