80 Degrees in Houston this week!

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Took time to get the yellow cars out of the garage clean them up and take a couple pictures!!! Taking the Cup Car to the Big Bend Open Road Race in 5 weeks and still getting it prepped!3YellowCars#1.jpg3YellowCars#3.jpg

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Cool Monte Carlo!

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Kingman,

That is the car Michael Waltrip raced to a 5th place in the 1999 Daytona 500 race. I purchased without engine and trans. I am in the process to make it a road race car for the Big Bend Open Road Race in April. I have the original sticker package for that year and am eventually going to have it back to original looks. You can buy these old race cars dirt cheap and have so much more fun at track days not having to worry about scratching the Daily Driver up. LOL
We have had it out at MSR Houston and Texas World Speedway in College Station. Had a blast each time. I raced the GT last year at Big Bend and it was sort of Boring! Had the A/C on and Stereo going at 140 mph. This year step it up to 150 mph in the Cup Car and hold on. Should be fun. Eventual goal is to run the open class if I have the intestinal fortitude.

Larry

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Nice setup..., all that's missing is a yellow GT

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Shelby,

That will be the color of my next GT for sure!!!

Larry