60-130 mph

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
I have searched the threads but haven't found a time for a pullied GT (600+ WHP). Can someone provide a time or guesstimate?

Also can anyone provide a time for a 3.90 gear (2 shift) FGT to compare with a similar HP stock gear (1 shift) FGT. ?

Thank you, thank you, thank you. :cheers

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
I would guess around 6.2 for one making ~600whp.

H

HHGT

I have searched the threads but haven't found a time for a pullied GT (600+ WHP). Can someone provide a time or guesstimate?

Also can anyone provide a time for a 3.90 gear (2 shift) FGT to compare with a similar HP stock gear (1 shift) FGT. ?

Kirby, regardless of the answers soon to be posted, you will find that the Red cars times will be the best.:thumbsup

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Kirby, regardless of the answers soon to be posted, you will find that the Red cars times will be the best.:thumbsup

....the only problem is Sam, 'granny's' behind the wheel like you drag down the times.:driving:

:lol

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Kirby talk to Kyle Millen. I know he has all the ratio's in his 'putr. But as I remember, he didn't have any of the time to speed numbers.

I've been meaning to do the 2-3 timing, with the 3.9 I had installed, but just never got around to it---yet. Might have to go out and just Do It!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I would guess around 6.2 for one making ~600whp.

you are too generous!

I was at an event where a pullied, tune, exhaust gt ran a best time of 7.41

when my car was bone stock I ran a 9.3

with the whipple and race gas I ran 5.8

and with spray ran a 5.3,

If the 3.9 gears requires you to shift into fourth before hitting 130 than I would imagine it would hurt your time by .2-.4 seconds, so all of the benefits of the increased rate of accelaration(with 3.9 gears) would be negated by the extra shift. so ultimately the time might be very close to a car with similar hp and stock gears. however if you can reach 130 before shifting into fourth then it would be much faster than a car without the gears.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
that was my pullied GT that ran 7.41

609 rwhp

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Thanks for the info and benchmark :cheers

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
The best I could run was 6.4 with the 4L.

It has been hot here... that number will improve with lower temps.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
The best I could run was 6.4 with the 4L.

It has been hot here... that number will improve with lower temps.

one thing I noticed about the 4.0 L whipple is the torque numbers seem a bit low, this is surprising it should be the other way around, but I assume it might be in the tune, fubar what timing, boost, AF are you running?

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
you are too generous!

I was at an event where a pullied, tune, exhaust gt ran a best time of 7.41

when my car was bone stock I ran a 9.3

with the whipple and race gas I ran 5.8

and with spray ran a 5.3,

If the 3.9 gears requires you to shift into fourth before hitting 130 than I would imagine it would hurt your time by .2-.4 seconds, so all of the benefits of the increased rate of accelaration(with 3.9 gears) would be negated by the extra shift. so ultimately the time might be very close to a car with similar hp and stock gears. however if you can reach 130 before shifting into fourth then it would be much faster than a car without the gears.

that was my pullied GT that ran 7.41

609 rwhp

DBK says he did 100kph (62.5) - 200kph (125) in 6.0 seconds with 602rwhp. Based on that, I would have guessed around 6.5 for 60-130. :box: Maybe he mistyped his entry. Of course the air in Detroit is better than the air in Texas.

I think 3.90s would make you shift into 4th around 122 if you had redline set at 7000rpm.

Last edited:

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
one thing I noticed about the 4.0 L whipple is the torque numbers seem a bit low, this is surprising it should be the other way around, but I assume it might be in the tune, fubar what timing, boost, AF are you running?

someone was explaining to me why the bigger blower should be making less torque

of course my short term memory is leaving me as i get older

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
this thread reminds me to take the vbox with me next time i go for a drive

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
I have a lot of fun with the V Box and make sure I have it every time I go out to play. I was soo excited on Monday as I was reviewing the data from an earlier drive and saw a 4.22! Unfortunately that was the 60-120 time. DOH! 60-130 was 4.75 which still isn't too bad.

I would ecpect that a pulley / tune FGT should hit mid 6's in good weather. On a really hot day you won't get close to that.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I have a lot of fun with the V Box and make sure I have it every time I go out to play. I was soo excited on Monday as I was reviewing the data from an earlier drive and saw a 4.22! Unfortunately that was the 60-120 time. DOH! 60-130 was 4.75 which still isn't too bad.

I would ecpect that a pulley / tune FGT should hit mid 6's in good weather. On a really hot day you won't get close to that.

wow! Jason 4.75 thats bad a**:thumbsup is this in one of the twin turbo cars, or is it in Rays monster?

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
I would ecpect that a pulley / tune FGT should hit mid 6's in good weather.

In yo face Soroush.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
In yo face Soroush.

again way too generous, we will find out once and for all at hennessy's during the rally:lol

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
wow! Jason 4.75 thats bad a**:thumbsup is this in one of the twin turbo cars, or is it in Rays monster?

That was a standard TT Gallardo at about 950 rwhp.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
That was a standard TT Gallardo at about 950 rwhp.

damn thats fast,

note to self: stay away from heffner twin turbo gallardos:biggrin:biggrin

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
I just got a report and a file from one of our customers who pulled off a 4.44 60-130 yesterday on a completely flat road. These street cars are getting ridiculously fast.