575 rw hp 2008 Viper

Mar 15, 2006
2008viper575dyno_600.jpg

It's been a good day today with the 2008. We have been able to try a variety of exhaust combinations, and have the following results to report:

2008 Viper Baseline = 546 rw hp / 515 rw tq

3 inch Stainless Catback Exhaust System = 561 rw hp
(15 rw hp gain over stock)

3 inch Stainless Full Manifold-back Exhaust System with High Flow Cats = 569 rw hp
(23 rw hp gain over stock)

3 inch Stainless Full Manifold-back Exhaust System with No Cats = 575 rw hp / 546 rw tq
(29 rw hp / 30 rw tq gain over stock)

The power gains are pretty even from 3000 to 6000 rpm on all of the above mods.

The factory airbox seems to flow very well and before we tried the exhaust mods we found that there was no power gain by removing the factory air filter and the lower half of the factory airbox. I dont think SRT left any power on the air induction side.

We are headed to the track tomorrow. Pics and videos are coming at some point when I get some time.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
546 rwhp is pretty strong. That beats my GT by 30 hp when it was stock.

You boys better start modifying those GTs or you're gonna have a Viper embarass you pretty soon.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That's very impressive. I'd be happier if you ran it at the track stock :willy

Seriously, that should turn some good times in very near stock condition.

And Texas, come on man, no Ford GT is embarrassed by any Viper :wink Luckily, according to the poll in general, almost all of them are modded anyways.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I've got my order in for the new ACR, I hope it comes through for me!

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
That's very impressive. I'd be happier if you ran it at the track stock :willy

Seriously, that should turn some good times in very near stock condition.

And Texas, come on man, no Ford GT is embarrassed by any Viper :wink Luckily, according to the poll in general, almost all of them are modded anyways.

Yeah I would of like to see it run stock also, but I am just anxious to see what one runs period! I think you can add about 2 tenths to what ever it runs without the cats and exhaust and you should be pretty close. Does anyone know what they weigh in at?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'm thinkin they weigh a tiny bit less than a GT. Right around 3400.

Mar 15, 2006
We took it to the track today for a 60-130 competition. Ended up racing a Viper SRT with a Paxton and 630 rw hp. Beat it by 5 cars 2 times then gave about 2 runs down the track. Hit 140 mph on most runs til I had to hit the brakes. Then had to go home, so did not get any 60-130 times. Will return to the track again soon.

The car as it sits right now feels like a 128-130 mph car. It was 83 deg and 75% humidity today. It might run a bit over 130 on a good density altitude day.

The FGT is still the car to have. But I can tell you this - the 2008 Viper is a lot of fun to drive and would be a great track car. Take a new ACR and add a set of headers and exhaust and you will have a killer road race car with around 600 rw hp.

FYI, I am told that the new ACR has about the same amount of downforce as the Viper Comp Coupe with the World Challenge aero package.

Mar 15, 2006
We took it to the track today for a 60-130 competition. Ended up racing a Viper SRT with a Paxton and 630 rw hp. Beat it by 5 cars 2 times then gave about 20 demonstration rides down the track. Hit 140 mph on most runs til I had to hit the brakes. Then had to go home, so did not get any 60-130 times. Will return to the track again soon.

The car as it sits right now feels like a 128-130 mph car. It was 83 deg and 75% humidity today. It might run a bit over 130 on a good density altitude day.

The FGT is still the car to have. But I can tell you this - the 2008 Viper is a lot of fun to drive and would be a great track car. Take a new ACR and add a set of headers and exhaust and you will have a killer road race car with around 600 rw hp.

FYI, I am told that the new ACR has about the same amount of downforce as the Viper Comp Coupe with the World Challenge aero package.