300 mph club

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Incredible. Makes my 8-second Hemi Dart seem like a Sunday driver.

Photos???

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Photos???
or better yet videos?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
or better yet videos?

Here.
This might suffice 'til Dakota responds, Doc ;):

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

And

Just a 9.20 at 146+ on this pass (but a 0.004 reaction time). Still dialing in the suspension, and gradually turning up the two-step, shift points, etc. This was only the third time out with the car. Still getting a feel for it and breaking it in. First couple of times out, had uncontrollable wheelstands, which made for great photos, and soiled drawers. I fully expect 8.70-8.80’s at over 150 mph within a few more passes.

Last edited:

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012

Scroll down the page in the link if you want more info

Last edited:

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Damn. And I thought 10.23 @ 135 was quick in the Demon. You’ve got a full second on me in the Dart (and let’s not talk about Eddie’s times...😳). My only notable claim is driving 200 miles, each way, to get that number at Famoso Dragstrip near Bakersfield. And no support staff (I even swapped the skinnies on myself in the hotel parking lot).

Regardless, great thread. Drag racing will always be my first automotive love. Had a 1969 Plymouth GTX with a modded 440 before I had my license. The stories I could tell from 1980s West Colfax in Denver...

Still not sure how I made it out of my teens alive. 😁

Last edited:
Reactions: DakotaGT

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Damn. And I thought 10.23 @ 135 was quick in the Demon. You’ve got a full second on me in the Dart (and let’s not talk about Eddie’s times...😳). My only notable claim is driving 200 miles, each way, to get that number at Famoso Dragstrip near Bakersfield. And no support staff (I even swapped the skinnies on myself in the hotel parking lot).

Regardless, great thread. Drag racing will always be my first automotive love. Had a 1969 Plymouth GTX with a modded 440 before I had my license. The stories I could tell from 1980s West Colfax in Denver...

Still not sure how I made it out of my teens alive. 😁

That’s cool, Karl! I’ve ran 10.01 at 137 in my Demon, with a DA of 1000+ on a crappy, slow track, so I’m as sure as you are that those Demons are all capable of the mid-to-high 9’s that Dodge claimed, in the right conditions. I love that you are an authentic car guy; really makes reading your material so much more pleasurable.

Reactions: ENZO BTR

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
That’s cool, Karl! I’ve ran 10.01 at 137 in my Demon, with a DA of 1000+ on a crappy, slow track, so I’m as sure as you are that those Demons are all capable of the mid-to-high 9’s that Dodge claimed, in the right conditions. I love that you are an authentic car guy; really makes reading your material so much more pleasurable.

Thanks Clint. The Demon is appropriately named for sure. You can do low 10s under mediocre conditions and 9s when the temp, air density and track surface cooperate.

Then flip on the cooled seats and mobile wifi hotspot for your drive home. Pretty crazy. 😜

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007

And

Just a 9.20 at 146+ on this pass (but a 0.004 reaction time). Still dialing in the suspension, and gradually turning up the two-step, shift points, etc. This was only the third time out with the car. Still getting a feel for it and breaking it in. First couple of times out, had uncontrollable wheelstands, which made for great photos, and soiled drawers. I fully expect 8.70-8.80’s at over 150 mph within a few more passes.
thats pretty damn cool the car gets out of the hole real quick,,,, hell of car...

its a whole other thing to run sub 10 seconds in an old school muscle car... nice job..

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Here.

that noise....

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Here.

I've always loved that video. Particularly because it looks like he's casually pulling through what looks to be a Pontiac car show.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
that noise....

lol! YAAAAAAAAAAAASSS!!!!

N-o-t-h-i-n-g sounds like a genuine Hemi.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I've always loved that video. Particularly because it looks like he's casually pulling through what looks to be a Pontiac car show.

Yeeeup!

(Drove my FGT thru a local 'all Corvette show' back in '07 just to see what would happen. Participants' reactions ranged from 'thumbs up' to disgusted stares and everything in between. No 'middle digits' though...that I SAW anyway... :) )

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I have found the vette guys usually very respectful of the gt once I showed up to one of their events and they were so nice they asked me to park my car right smack in the middle of all the vettes for a photo op...

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I have found the vette guys usually very respectful of the gt once I showed up to one of their events and they were so nice they asked me to park my car right smack in the middle of all the vettes for a photo op...

Around here an all 'Vette show is just that; no other cars allowed...which I can certainly understand since letting other cars in would quickly turn what's supposed to be an ALL CORVETTE SHOW into just another 'open' show.

But, to your point; #1079 DID receive far more "thumbs up" reactions during my pass-thru than feigned 'indifference' or anything else. But, those who obviously felt the GT was 'stealing their thunder' by being there (and it clearly WAS) weren't difficult to spot. ☺

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
First there was the two hundred mph club, now the three hundred club. Where does it end? Who is with me in the Mach 2 club?

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
First there was the two hundred mph club, now the three hundred club. Where does it end? Who is with me in the Mach 2 club?
Already in that club. Slightly different vehicle :)

Reactions: 07XL0027