2nd annual Texas Shelby Get Together

sportscars

Oct 22, 2009
Alamo city
Okay folks, its that time again: The 2nd annual Texas Shelby Get Together (TSGT). It is April 10th. We will start out in Kerrville, Texas and spend the day driving some of the best roads in central Texas. It will be a great time with fun people and good food. With will be posting more details as we get closer. We also have some options for Sunday for those who might want to stay over. I will be working on a hotel this week and will get a group rate for us.

Of course this is open to anything 'ol Carroll had his hand in, including GT's, Vipers and the Dodges.

Feel free to email me at: sportscars1968 (at) gmail (dot) com

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Okay folks, its that time again: The 2nd annual Texas Shelby Get Together (TSGT). It is April 10th. We will start out in Kerrville, Texas and spend the day driving some of the best roads in central Texas. It will be a great time with fun people and good food. With will be posting more details as we get closer. We also have some options for Sunday for those who might want to stay over. I will be working on a hotel this week and will get a group rate for us.

Of course this is open to anything 'ol Carroll had his hand in, including GT's, Vipers and the Dodges.

Feel free to email me at: sportscars1968 (at) gmail (dot) com

I'm in. I'll also contact my viper pals.

Spirit this is in your back yard. Hopefully you can make this.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

I'll try. :shrug

This work stuff is killing me - I need a break.:ack

You would think at my age [let's see now, must be about 25 now? :bs] one would be able to slow down a bit.

sportscars

Oct 22, 2009
Alamo city
I'll try. :shrug

This work stuff is killing me - I need a break.:ack

You would think at my age [let's see now, must be about 25 now? :bs] one would be able to slow down a bit.

This is EXACTLY the break you need! I expect some of you GT guys to be there. I don't expect any of the GTX1 guys to be there. There too good for us. :lol Just kidding Rick!

sportscars

Oct 22, 2009
Alamo city

Chris, not too many Viper guys, we dont want to water this down too much!:wink

sportscars

Oct 22, 2009
Alamo city
I know there are a lot of you GT owners here in Texas. Spread the word please.

The Texas Viper club will be in the same area that day. They wanted to know if we could all meet up for a bit. We are trying to work out the details.

sportscars

Oct 22, 2009
Alamo city
A few more details:

Start time 9:30 in Kerrville, I'll set a more specific address when we finalize the numbers, but we will then head west out fm1340, past Stonehenge and Easter island and Mo ranch, then head north on 83 to junction, eat lunch at Coopers, head sw on 377 towards rocksprings, turn off down 355 south down the Texas Rollercoaster, then go back east on 377 to Leakey, stay on 377 back to Medina, and head back to Kerrville on 16 and get back around 4:30ish. If everything goes as planned. I haven't made dinner plans yet till I know our numbers.

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
If I'm at LBJ that weekend and can get a kitchen pass, I'll run over for the day.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Chris, not too many Viper guys, we dont want to water this down too much!:wink

I have uninvited the viper guys. Next time don't say they are welcome and I won't invite them.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
A few more details:

Start time 9:30 in Kerrville, I'll set a more specific address when we finalize the numbers, but we will then head west out fm1340, past Stonehenge and Easter island and Mo ranch, then head north on 83 to junction, eat lunch at Coopers, head sw on 377 towards rocksprings, turn off down 355 south down the Texas Rollercoaster, then go back east on 377 to Leakey, stay on 377 back to Medina, and head back to Kerrville on 16 and get back around 4:30ish. If everything goes as planned. I haven't made dinner plans yet till I know our numbers.

How many miles is this run?

sportscars

Oct 22, 2009
Alamo city
How many miles is this run?

Chris,

Its about 245 miles total, not including distance from your house to Kerrville.

BTW - I was joking about the Viper guys. The Texas Viper club is going to be in the same area. My brother is supposed to be trying to arrainge a place/time to get together with them. Maybe for a group photo.

sportscars

Oct 22, 2009
Alamo city
Okay, I think Chris is out (but I hope not). Anybody else going to make it? We have about 30+ cars right now.

If you want to caravan, we have groups coming from Houston, Dallas, Austin/Bastrop and San Antonio. Most of us not staying in Kerrville Friday night are meeting up at the Bass Proshops on I-10w at about 7:30 Sat morning and driving up.

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
I'm stuck in Midland. Yall have fun.

sportscars

Oct 22, 2009
Alamo city
Darn Donny, was hoping you'd make it!

Oh well, see you in October, if not sooner.