270 mph electric motorcycle!

Hey guys, check this out! Beat the existing Bonneville record by 25 mph and topped out at 270. As much as I love gas engined transportation devices, I'd say the writing is on the wall ...

David

https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motor...ith-electricity-instead-of-gas-214854964.html

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
That's cool, but the issue with electric cars has not been power or speed, but battery range and recharging time. They are getting better in those parameters gradually, not dramatically.

Certainly - but I'm sure they will get there in a few years. I figure when a charge will last 300 miles and recharge time is around 30 minutes, electric vehicles will be really usable.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Certainly - but I'm sure they will get there in a few years. I figure when a charge will last 300 miles and recharge time is around 30 minutes, electric vehicles will be really usable.

Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
For the foreseeable future, the plug in hybrid is the only practical version. Larger capacity batteries and faster charging times will continue to improve them but they will not get to the current level of usability of gas engine vehicles until significant change in technology comes along and the infrastructure for them. Many years. I do believe it will happen though.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Way cool!
Who doesn't love speed?
But, WAY to quiet for my taste!!!!!!!!!!!
Mark