2100 HP Ford GT Owner Interview (Going For 300 MPH)

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iJOkwmno2c

Sorry if this is a repost but the first i've seen of it. Very impressive i'm wondering if the car would be able to really pull off 300 mph. I'm also wondering what the car will do with these larger turbos its some exciting stuff.

Also 3/4 of a million dollars in a car man this guy loves his Ford GT and i'm sure glad he does :thumbsup.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
That interview sounds very similar to one he did a year ago at a Florida event.
Has anyone on the Forum ever met or had dealings with him. There's something about him that would keep me from being the 1st...or 2nd...or 3rd... :cheers

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
There was a discussion on The 'Forum about this fellow & his car a while back. 'General consensus was , 'HUH?'

You're pbly right about him loving his GTs though!

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I saw an older video with the same guy before. An interesting note is that he modified the transaxle to have closer ratios and strait cut gears without syncros. Too bad he isn't bringing his car to Rally IV and the TX mile. That's where the talking stops and the rubber meets the road.

Button

Jul 11, 2009
Iowa
I saw this awhile back. There seems to be a lot of red flags here? Does anyone else feel the same?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I saw this awhile back. There seems to be a lot of red flags here? Does anyone else feel the same?

I've always wondered what aerodynamic changes would be necessary to keep a FGT on the ground & stable at 300 mph...and where the actual "brick wall" may be. :willy:willy:willy

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
300 mph would take over 2000HP! Assuming the car would be stable at 300, I doubt that the engine would be able to sustain that power level long enough to reach 300 mph without damage or heat soak would shut it down. That said, it sounds like it would do very well in the mile.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iJOkwmno2c

Sorry if this is a repost but the first i've seen of it. Very impressive i'm wondering if the car would be able to really pull off 300 mph. I'm also wondering what the car will do with these larger turbos its some exciting stuff.

Also 3/4 of a million dollars in a car man this guy loves his Ford GT and i'm sure glad he does :thumbsup.

I believe most here have seen this video, last time I saw something on this car it dyno'd somewhere around 720, but have not seen anything new on it.

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
I respectfully remain ever the skeptic on this guy.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I respectfully remain ever the skeptic on this guy.

you are in the majority!

H

HHGT

Would he have enough fuel? I remember the Veyron coming back with less than 1/4 tank after it's high speed run.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Would he have enough fuel? I remember the Veyron coming back with less than 1/4 tank after it's high speed run.

at full speed the Veyron runs out of fuel in 10-12 minutes from a full tank. Tires are rated to last 15 minutes.