20th century design table

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I have a special piece of furniture I thought might be of interest to some on this forum.

Italian designer Carlo Mollino (1905-1973) is quite famous for his furniture design and unique pieces.

A world record price for a piece of 20th Century Furniture was set in June 2005 when a piece designed by Carlo Mollino was auctioned by Christie's New York in June 2005. An oak and glass table for Casa Orengo, 1949 sold for $3,824,000

This is a unique and very complex piece that to my knowledge is not available anywhere in retail.

Table is flawless 100 % condition – absolutely no signs of use. Glass top is professionally crated in wooden crate. Can ship world wide. Asking 25K - car related trades welcome

:cheers
Anders

ann01.jpg

Book cover.jpg

book 01.jpg

Book 02.jpg

ann02.jpg

ann04.jpg

ann05.jpg

Last edited:

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Wow. That's a cool table!

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Anders,

That table has Camilo written all over it.

Perhaps a trade for his art work.:thumbsup

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Very cool piece, Anders!

One of the photo slides indicates that it is polished maple, but it looks like a different grain than (American) maple. Do you know what variety it is?

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Cool table. Looks like red oak to me.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Good "Birdseye" Rex.

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Very cool piece, Anders!

One of the photo slides indicates that it is polished maple, but it looks like a different grain than (American) maple. Do you know what variety it is?

I really do not know. It is not the actual piece shown in the book so if other wood types have been used I can not say. My own guess would be polished maple. The color difference between the wood on the right side view seems to show much more in the photo than in real life. Let me ask around

Anders

Last edited:

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Stunning piece Anders.

Vince H

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Any ideas on how to market this piece or relevant contacts would be greatly appreciated ..... It is a piece I would like to get out of my storage and maybe the pricing needs to change. I´m open for suggestions. Some of the sites where they sell unique pieces are dealers only so I can´t get through those.

Anders

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Do you have consignment stores in Denmark? Over here there are high-end furniture stores that take items on consignment. The cut is brutal...usually 50/50. But they do the marketing. If it doesn't sell, they cut the price periodically until it moves.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Anders, you need to contact an antique furniture restorer. They know the market and who the players are. I had a living room set I wanted refinished and was shocked at how much it was worth. They said if I ever wanted to sell, call them first.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
eBay is still your best bet; the reach and prices achieved there for mid-century and scandinavian furniture is still tops.

You can look for furniture design blogs as well and maybe link there or find large dealers in London or NYC.

I know the D&D Building in NYC has contacts with top interior designers that buy this for double digit million NYC homes.

http://ddbuilding.com/

Any ideas on how to market this piece or relevant contacts would be greatly appreciated ..... It is a piece I would like to get out of my storage and maybe the pricing needs to change. I´m open for suggestions. Some of the sites where they sell unique pieces are dealers only so I can´t get through those.

Anders

Last edited: