2020+ FORD GT Approved Applications. What are your plans for this Supercar?

SPI

Nov 28, 2018
Chicago
I was fortunate to be allocated this amazing supercar from Ford this year. I am very excited and I would like to know who the other lucky forum members are.

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
I feel just as fortunate and think I'm still in shock over the whole thing.

My plan is to drive it frequently, track it when I can, attend as many Ford GT Rallies as I can and give LOTS and LOTS of rides!

Oh...I forgot...I'll probably stare at it in my garage for a month straight! :love:

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Depending on when the last paint was treated, it may be a month waiting for it to cure and then getting it PPF'd. Ask me how I know......

Reactions: Ed Sims

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Depending on when the last paint was treated, it may be a month waiting for it to cure and then getting it PPF'd. Ask me how I know......

Oh no...that doesn't sound good.

SPI

Nov 28, 2018
Chicago

What exactly happened ?

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
I was told to not wrap it for over a week after delivery (date from concierge), and the PPF installer is super anal (which is good) so it is still there. I am hoping he is done next week, but it may be the following week which will be approaching a month after delivery before I get to drive it apart from putting it into a trailer and taking it out at the PPF installer. You know the saying "Good things come to those who wait" and a new GT is truly a good thing.

Reactions: THamonGT and JWZ

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I’m in the last week of my car getting finished! I’m hoping to start putting miles on it Friday !
I so can’t wait!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I plan to drive 20190414_142357.jpgmine as much as possible. Over 9000 miles and climbing

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
I plan to drive View attachment 55325mine as much as possible. Over 9000 miles and climbing

I was there for mile 148 in Stormtrooper! Here’s the proof:

Last edited:
Reactions: canibl

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
Super lap battle!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
The panels are painted way before assembly. The panels are painted then the roof panel is bonded to the chassis. This is before the chassis is even brought to the assembly area. Approximately 2 weeks in assembly then put aside until group delivery occurs. All this is over 30 days. I received a notification from my concierge stating that my car was ready for clear film protection upon delivery.

Ed

Reactions: Roadtrip

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
The panels are painted way before assembly. The panels are painted then the roof panel is bonded to the chassis. This is before the chassis is even brought to the assembly area. Approximately 2 weeks in assembly then put aside until group delivery occurs. All this is over 30 days. I received a notification from my concierge stating that my car was ready for clear film protection upon delivery.

Ed

Ed true.... but if any panels or areas need to be be repainted for any reason..... FORD adds this for paint to cure....

Reactions: Ed Sims

SPI

Nov 28, 2018
Chicago
I plan to drive View attachment 55325mine as much as possible. Over 9000 miles and climbing

Great way to Enjoy LIFE in a GT!!!

Mar 28, 2019
I plan on driving the piss out of it. Plain and simple.

Reactions: canibl and Roadtrip

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
I'm sure you will! it was great meeting you and watching you race in LB. Will definitely be buying some Volt lights soon. Congrats on your success.