2020 CFTP Goodness

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
Just arrived off the truck.Pick her up tomorrow!eTxDmsJ7QvyBEXfuoV5kow.jpg+r%+tCG3TdiHBEo2PI0YlA.jpg

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
WOW, Very nice! Did you choose painted stripes?

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
WOW, Very nice! Did you choose painted stripes?
Thanks.Actually no they are taped stripes.Wasnt really sure if I wanted to keep them or not.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Wickedly good looking! Congrats!

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Sweet!

Go blow off some Chevies and Hellcats.

Reactions: 2112

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Very nice.
Congrats!

morsben

Jun 5, 2020
Looks cool. What are your plans for her?

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Very nice... Im paitently waiting... have a VIN# but dates are set yet.... lets hear your review!

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
Very nice... Im paitently waiting... have a VIN# but dates are set yet.... lets hear your review!
I will let u know when I drive it after it gets PPF :)

Reactions: Iconic GT

Kpgarage

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2019
Our performance Blue No stripe CFTP arrives next week. Told the GT a new car was coming to the garage that might be faster. He was napping, raised one eyelid and said, "heard that before, tell the mustang to park outside" ;)

Reactions: Apollo

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Is the wing just bolted to the trunk lid or is there some reinforcement?

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Been driving. mine for about three weeks now. I love it - the trans is amazingly good, better IMO than the new GT. Brakes are fabulous even though they’re only steel. And best of all, you can drive it without the constant fear that some moron will run into or you stuff it into a wall and total a million dollar car like the new GT. Oh, and it sounds bad-ass!5CF1934A-565C-4E68-B61E-6D2F400785AF.jpeg

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Been driving. mine for about three weeks now. I love it - the trans is amazingly good, better IMO than the new GT. Brakes are fabulous even though they’re only steel. And best of all, you can drive it without the constant fear that some moron will run into or you stuff it into a wall and total a million dollar car like the new GT. Oh, and it sounds bad-ass!

I have tracked both cars several times. Yes the GT500 trans is more "advanced" compared to the NGT. Billy Johnson worked with Ford to develop the shift points on the GT500. I was advised to use the manual paddle mode while tracking my 2020 GT but use the "auto" mode while tracking the GT500. The GT500 brakes and the trans are amazing on the track. Ford did a great job with the GT500.

Reactions: 2112

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Gorgeous color!

Reactions: texas mongrel

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I have tracked both cars several times. Yes the GT500 trans is more "advanced" compared to the NGT. Billy Johnson worked with Ford to develop the shift points on the GT500. I was advised to use the manual paddle mode while tracking my 2020 GT but use the "auto" mode while tracking the GT500. The GT500 brakes and the trans are amazing on the track. Ford did a great job with the GT500.
Yup, I always ran my oldMcLaren in auto mode at the track, but when Itried it on the NGT it sucked, was shifting in all the wrong places. So, I use manual now, which is fun except that the engine revs so freely that you hit the limiter quite often if you are not totally focused on the shift lights. I’m going to try both modes on the Shelby but have been told by several people that auto is the quickest way round the track. The Shelby’s heads-up shift light display is pretty cool!