2017 at Middle East auction

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
What was the bid on this one?
https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/ad19/abu-dhabi/lots/r0019-2017-ford-gt/825147
I'm surprised it didn't sell.

Oufan2929

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2015
There were a TON of no-sells at this auction. I wouldn't put a lot of weight on this car selling or not selling honestly. I don't remember seeing so many no-sells at an RM auction...

LMF427

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2019
California / Florida
$710k if my memory serves me correctly

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
There were a TON of no-sells at this auction. I wouldn't put a lot of weight on this car selling or not selling honestly. I don't remember seeing so many no-sells at an RM auction...

But with a reserve at $750 somebody could have picked up the cheapest NFGT yet sold.

Oufan2929

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2015
Wow, had no idea reserve was set so low. Anyone know what color that was? Couldn’t find it in the auction description.

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Sena NGT maybe?

GT Venum

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 4, 2010
Wisconsin

spyder625

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 23, 2008
750K, Im in who do i call to wire the funds??

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Number of GTs coming to auctions in January. Collector car market heading south. Started in Monterey last August. NFGTS will be under 1 mil soon. Drive them and enjoy them!!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Number of GTs coming to auctions in January. Collector car market heading south. Started in Monterey last August. NFGTS will be under 1 mil soon. Drive them and enjoy them!!

Wholeheartedly agree. Those who want NFGTs should be patient.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Number of GT's coming to auctions in January. Collector car market heading south. Started in Monterey last August. NFGTS will be under 1 mil soon. Drive them and enjoy them!!

Gentlemen,

+1 on the above. Those who got an allocation intimated the car would be used, enjoyed and on public display. Owners who are not living up to that are missing out on a lot of fun. My new GT is over two years old now with 4500+ miles, two trips to Atlanta, several road rallies, over 100 car shows, and nearly 50 people have driven it. It's not for sale and I don't care how much my driving it is causing depreciation. I hope it's the last car I operate before I meet my maker and that Charley enjoys driving it after that. Cheers.

Chip

Last edited:

spyder625

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 23, 2008
cant agree more, if i get my hands on one, it will be for me the family then my daughter and hopefully her kids.. lifes short enjoy it!!!! Happy Holidays to ALL!!

Reactions: ChipBeck

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Ford GT's will be available at 'sticker' soon. Just hold out for a while.

My liquid blue has 6000 miles on the ODO and except for the damn Deer that tried to hitchhike to Atlanta on my hood,
it is running beautifully!

I am with Chip and many others here on our forum …. unless financial calamity hits me personally... it will eventually go to Daughter Megan, son in Law Ryan and new baby grandson Ford ! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.!
ajb (andy )