2016 Jaguar F-type

Cobraguy

GT Owner
I'm seriously considering picking up a new AWD F-type coupe for my wife. I realize the 16's are fresh on the market so there aren't many around yet but is there anyone here who has one or has spent some real world time with one and can give an honest review on the car and all it has to offer?....I am VERY impressed with it's driving manners and with the reviews on the web.....at WOT with the exhaust bypass activated the sound is incredible.
A one or two model year old evaluation is welcome as well. Thanks in advance.

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
I'm seriously considering picking up a new AWD F-type coupe for my wife. I realize the 16's are fresh on the market so there aren't many around yet but is there anyone here who has one or has spent some real world time with one and can give an honest review on the car and all it has to offer?....I am VERY impressed with it's driving manners and with the reviews on the web.....at WOT with the exhaust bypass activated the sound is incredible.
A one or two model year old evaluation is welcome as well. Thanks in advance.

I've had very limited seat time in one, and it was a nice ride, with great V8 sound, though the V6 may be plenty quick for her.

In that class of car, though, the new AMG GTS blew me away. It is awesome on road and track, and has a nicer fit and finish than the Jag.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Little seat time here, overall very nice car. Drove it back form the delaer in San Diego to LA to pick it up for my friend (he drove the rental back, I insisted :biggrin), the whole drive I had a warning light on the dash, I'm thinking oh crapola not even 10 miles on the car and here we go with British cars, turned out he had the Jag keys in the rental while I was trailing him. Awesome drive, steering feel, seats, fit/finish, exhaust note all very good. Best is watching the vents go up and down with a/C functions. The V8 car is a bit overpriced IMO and Jag can do with a little less gadgetry.

zach05855

GT Owner
Oct 16, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
I own a 2015 F Type R, rear wheel drive. If you would like my review of the 2015 let me know

Cobraguy

GT Owner
PM sent

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Just put yourself out of your misery and get a Porsche

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Haha :)

dtomaso1

GT Owner
Dec 6, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona

I have a year on my 2015 R. Will send review if needed. vast improvement over previous XKR. Different car. Impeccable interior, flawless 8 speed, big horse and torque, 11 second range qtr mile, tunable handling/engine/braking dynamics (ipad), defeatable traction control, great carbon brakes (almost too much), configurable interior lighting, and you got to love that exhaust cut out switch. Don't care for lack of rear spoiler deployment defeat, (its auto)...don't care for the eco switch that shuts down engine at idle. (but you can override)

T

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
One of the car mags, I think Motor Trend, had a blurb about how unstable the car was in the rain. Might be the tires.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Jaguar+motorized A/C dash vents=scary out-of-warranty ownership experience.

MDT

GT Owner
Jun 24, 2006
I bought a '14 convertible in North Carolina last January. Tried to make it over mountain to Tail of the Dragon but snow stopped me. Made it off the mountain but should have turned around sooner. Drove it back to Arizona. Last December I left Arizona and headed to Florida. I'm currently in Vermont. The only problem I've had with the car is a button on one of the storage compartments, fixed under warranty. Just had the two year service in DC. Cost 760. The rear tires were replaced a while back, on the DC dealer visit the inside of the fronts were badly worn. Alignment may have been responsible, but I know all the roads I took were partly responsible. 23k miles on the car. I came all the way up the Blue Ridge Parkway with the top down. Needless to say, I love the car. Very comfortable, very fast. Press the eco button to turn off the engine stop feature, press the exhaust button to make the sound better. The auto performs great, put it in sport if your really moving. Everything seems to work well, including the auto wipers and auto brights. I've also taken similar cars on track with Jaguar driving school. These things really perform well on the track. I was going to get a boxster, but damn their just soooo slow. In the real world speed is fun, but also on these curvy roads where there are very limited pass zones. This car reaches amazing speeds very quick and makes passing that much quicker, and possible at all in many many places. I find that people notice the car, and like it. But they aren't insane about it, which makes it easier to park and walk away.

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Just put yourself out of your misery and get a Porsche

Out of respect for The Racing Butcher I spent some time at the P dealer.....the 911 is indeed a very nice car ..... but I really feel I need ( or rather my wife needs) a front engine V8 wailer...

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Thanks for the response MDT. Even with my limited seat time I can see how rewarding the car could be....but as pointed out, the abundance of gadgets may be an issue down the road. I tend to hang onto my cars for a while so this may be a consideration.
Thanks again to all for the input.