2015-ford-gt-pink.jpg

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Nope.

But that doesn't mean several people won't argue over its looks and prospects anyways. :lol

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
This issue is a kind of double-edged sword. On the one hand, if Ford was able to build a true competitor to the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 and the most exotic machines like Ferrari and Lamborghini, the answer is definitely yes. From the other hand, if Ford is another extremely powerful machine which simply breaks down each track, and the fame that they have tried to build a great success. That said, Ford seems to have plans in the pipeline for a new GT, but information is scarce and speculative.

During an intimate dinner at the Detroit Auto Show was Automobile Magazine the chance to question to Derrick Kuzak, head of global product development, which would be followed by a few moments of awkward silence and a wishy weak response to: “Ford is interested in a successor to the GT? ”

In real life, she generally gets the point gives a clear answer, but unfortunately that’s not how it works in the automotive world – or the political world, but that’s another topic altogether. After a few moments of thought collection and processing of responses, Kuzak answer was: “Well, I think there are certain things we do not want to talk about in terms of four years product warranty plans, if that’s okay.” President and CEO of Ford, Alan Mulally, then tried to lighten the mood with a response of his own: “All I know is when the ground is wet, it will not let me go,” said Mulally. “The car floats.”

Though not really a confirmation that they lead complicated and thought-provoking answers to us to believe that something is certainly cooking in the kitchen, Ford, and we are hungry. We take a double portion of the former super sports car with an original design than the 2005 Ford GT and GT brighten up with the same spirit, please! Ford SVT and his arm was pretty quiet as of late do not produce a lot of performance models. The Ford pickup Raptor and the new Taurus SHO is the maximum performance-oriented models outside the Mustang in the lineup.

Design
With past Ford GT models being so iconic, do not expect drastic changes to the proportions of this vehicle. It is one of the most easily and readily recognizable cars on the planet and its muscular lines scream performance. The renderings that we have acquired do show some heavy Shelby influence, based on his last supercar project. The Shelby GR-1 was inspired from the shape of a snake and the front of is dominated by an impressive air intake aperture and air flow splitter, the front wheel well and trapezoidal LED headlamps, directing cooling air into the engine bay and wheel wells, while air vents on the top surface of the hood exhaust hot air from the radiator.

Powertrain
The hybrid powertrain could make use of a supercharged V8 engine combined with an electric motor driving the front wheels. With a total output of around 600 HP and a total weight of 1400 kilos, the new GT will sprint from 0 to 60 mph in just 3 seconds, while top speed will be in the 200 mph area.

With the new SHO model being more fuel conscious, rumors suggest that the next model will in fact feature a hybrid powertrain. The new model will follow the same direction as the GT40 and the GT, but will feature a more advance technology available to deliver massive straight-line performance. If this is true than it could be the most powerful hybrid vehicle on the road. However, these rumors are most likely just that, rumors. The Ford GT is a symbol of raw power and racing heritage. If Ford were to ever put a fire-breathing V8 powerplant in a new car, than this would be the place.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
p.s, that article was from over two years ago, Derrick Kuzak is long gone, and there was absolutely positively nothing remotely on the horizon when that article was written. There was this round of silly "Ford is considering a hybrid supercar" articles that came out around that time based on a comment someone took from a different employee about a car that had nothing to do with Ford GT, and then a bunch of people started applying it hypothetically to a future electric supercar as if it was not only under consideration but already in the works, neither of which was true.

Dolph

GT Owner
Dec 25, 2012
Ruston, LA
Ford needs to really consider building the retro, '69 Mustang/GT Mach40. That SOB looks good.

Dolph

JCO1966

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 22, 2006
Greenville SC
I hope so.....but I doubt it!

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
I'll be the first to admit that I hear these rumors and read even more but I know nothing of a new GT in the works. That being said, I have two GTs, a Raptor and I've had the new SHO. All these vehicles share the same bloodlines and were and are tops in their respective class. Ford should make a new super car but it will no doubt be something of an alternate fuel machine. I would say leave the GT design alone and concentrate on a new daytona cobra coupe sort of style like the GR1. Their former division called Aston Martin still makes some of the sharpest cars ever made. My wife's Aston Vantage is a work of art that just needs more Ford American power. Just as the GT40 was a hybrid Anglo-American winner, why not try that formula again? The AM chasis and bodies are all lightweight aluminum already. I know someone else owns them now but they obviously left parts and pieces behind if you notice the new fusion. Just a thought.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Ford had Jaguar and Aston Martin, but have nothing to do with either any more.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
No car like the GT will be built by Ford in the near future. Enjoy the one & only!

Ed

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
+1 Ed!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California