2013 Ford GT National Rally Car show!

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
The GT Guy LLC is proud to present the 2013 Ford GT National Rally Car show! This event will take place on the grounds of the Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn on Wednesday September 3rd starting about 9am. We're happy to be able to bring together Ford GT owners and Ford GT team members to participate in a little friendly competition as a kickoff to Ford GT National Rally 8. Make sure your car is shined up and ready to go on Wednesday morning!

This is a bit different than the usual car show in that the judges were all heavily involved in the design, engineering and production of the vehicle. We (The GT Guy - Rich Brooks and Denis Breitenbach), Camilo Pardo, Mark McGowan, and Scott Ahlman will be participating in the judging process.

The eligibility categories to be judged by all team members are as follows:

• Outstanding Stock - This class is for Ford GT vehicles with factory original appearance and performance. Exemption to allow the addition of non-OE tires.
  • Outstanding Street Modified - This class is for Ford GT vehicles with light modifications including: minor appearance changes (bumper delete, hot buttons, wheels, caps, sills, etc) and light performance modifications (pulley and tune, cat back exhaust, headers, lowering kits, penskes)
  • Outstanding Heavy Modified - This class is for Ford GTs with heavy cosmetic or performance improvements. This includes heavy appearance changes (non-OE paint or paint schemes) and heavy performance modifications (Whipple Supercharged, Twin Turbo System, Built Motor)
  • Best in Show - Judged collectively to be the best overall GT participating in all classes by the judges.

There will also be several special categories we hope will add a little special personal history for the winners.

• Designer's Choice - To be awarded to the car judged the personal favorite of Ford GT Chief Designer Camilo Pardo
  • Engineer's Choice - To be awarded to the car judged the personal favorite of Ford GT Chassis Design/Vehicle Dynamics and Development engineer Scott Ahlman
  • Driver's Choice - To be awarded to the car judged the personal favorite of Ford GT Vehicle Dynamics Supervisor Mark McGowan

We'll also have some special awards to give out in non-judging categories.

Thanks to everyone that supports us here at The GT Guy LLC and we look forward to seeing everyone in Sonoma! :cheers

(and a quick couple shots of some the GTs we judge the hardest - the ones that leave our shop)

EB3Z1B0853copyPhotobucket.jpg

IMG_2869copy_zpsad82d66e.jpg

_img_0001copy109copy-Copy.jpg
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Sound great can't wait.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
This should be an annual part of the Rally.

What an honor it will be for those that get Best In Class.

Is there a class for GT's that actually have been driven in rain and snow? And one for never have been washed?

The judging should take place before the cork is out of the bottle.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
^^^ GT with the most miles? :biggrin

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
^^^ GT with the most miles? :biggrin

Maybe a class set up for GT's that have 50k or more? *

And one for the most bugs killed on the way to the Rally.

*I probably will not enter, as it would interfere with driving my GT.:willy

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Do the gauges have to work?? lol

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Do the gauges have to work?? lol

Boo :lol

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
How about one for the scuzziest? We're driving in that day from Houston so I suspect we won't be winning any concours....

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
I think this is a great idea. Looking forward to seeing all the mods.

Vince H

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
The Merkury 4 wins. Contest over.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
How about the loudest? Or the best sound? Closest to original GT40 sound? Will the Fairmont care?

Ed

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
How about the loudest? Or the best sound? Closest to original GT40 sound? Will the Fairmont care?

Ed, You'll win hands down!!

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado

Ed
Great idea and I would like in on this too Ed ha

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
FYI - my spies tell me a certain meat store in Boston is ALREADY buying judges votes.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I already won!
FYI - my spies tell me a certain meat store in Boston is ALREADY buying judges votes.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I already won!

Hey so did I.

First place in the un-restored class!

Additionally also won "Honorable Mention" in the Cars with Stories section. And most of the stories are true.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Your three pictured cars look insane! Nicely done!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
How about awards/recognition for the dirtiest GT, longest distance driven in a GT to this Rally, most stock GT, etc?

Rally VIII Ed

Mark McGowan

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 31, 2006
Can't vote for myself:biggrin

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Can't vote for myself:biggrin

Spoken like a true newbie!