2009 Glenmoor Gathering of Fine Automobiles

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
More than 4,500 people attended the 2009 Glenmoor Gathering today in Canton, Ohio. This event is fast becoming the Midwest’s answer to Amilia Island and Pebble Beach. All vehicles on display were invitation-only vehicles from throughout the United States. I had four cars on display together with some other GT owners and Camilo's Ford GT. Our cars were featured in the “World-Class Performance” collection displayed on the front lawn. The 2009 Glenmoor Gathering honored Edsel B. Ford, the only son of Ford Motor Company founder Henry Ford.

A special group of 1934 Ford hot rods, assembled by well-known automobile journalist, Ken Gross, were displayed at the 2009 Gathering. Considered one of the top authorities on American hot rods and customs, the award-winning author has been described as having "an encyclopedic grasp of automotive design, science and technology."

Moray Callum of Ford Motor Company, served as Grand Marshal who was recently named the company's Executive Director, Ford Americas Design where he has overall responsibility for the design of all cars and trucks in Ford's North and South America studios.

Over 200 invitation-only automobiles were on display. In addition to the automotive authors, 10 artists had their automotive artwork on display and for sale throughout the weekend. The 2009 poster artist was Camilo Pardo (some of you may remember this guy :wink) Camilo and other FGT owners and many of my Ferrari, Viper and Porsche bretheren had a great time today with sunny weather and many, many beautiful cars.

The pictures attached include pics of Camilo, Fred Piluso (with George Barris, who hung out with us), our cars, and perhaps me and my family in there somewhere.

Attachments

• field.jpg
    field.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 714
  • Camilo and Fred.jpg
    Camilo and Fred.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 919
  • Gorge Barris.jpg
    Gorge Barris.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 1,079
  • camilo at car.jpg
    camilo at car.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 801
  • Fords.jpg
    Fords.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 1,009

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
More Glenmoor Shots

A few more pics from Glenmoor. (Me and two other FGT forum members arguing over who's car is fastest, My son Ryan and our Saleen, some "French Fender" cars, my Ferrari Challenge Stradale, and a Soviet "007" air boat)

Attachments

• fred jerry tim.jpg
    fred jerry tim.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 672
  • son ryan with saleen.jpg
    son ryan with saleen.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 741
  • french fenders.jpg
    french fenders.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 728
  • stradale with others.jpg
    stradale with others.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 798
  • Air boat and camilo.jpg
    Air boat and camilo.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 919

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Link to more

If anyone is interested in seeing more cars on display, my buddy Doug Tabbut who is C.E.O. of Switchcars.com in Nevada, has a link on his site. The last couple photos in the gallery are of my four cars and Fred's black GT making their way home after the event (taken by Doug in his Porsche 911 Turbo).

http://www.switchcars.com/mygallery_view.asp?gid=38

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Congratulations Tim, and thanks for sharing. You have some great cars. The GT in black w/gold is very striking. :cheers