2006 SUPER GT first race

redwhitestripes

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2006
DUBAI UAE
Dark week end for the DHG ADVAN FORD GT.For some reason the car arrived too late and could not enter the qualifying.It was at Suzuka Japan.
Merde alors!
Next week end is at Okayama 2006-04-09.

Fingers crossed for the # 55

Attachments

• 200603%2F19%2F31%2Fe0087231%5F013438%2Ejpg.jpg
    200603%2F19%2F31%2Fe0087231%5F013438%2Ejpg.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 709

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Is there any info on how the car is set up? I would be very interested.

Pipelion

Center Locks!

Notice the (Knock off wheels). center locks. I'd love a set of those with carbon brakes. :biggrin

Cool looking front spoiler. Nice to see this photo, redwhitestripes, the other looked almost computer generated.

Thanks,

Allan

Pipelion

They also widened the front fenders and did what Porsche did on the 1996 GT1 and later race cars, the opening behind the front wheel and forward of the door, aka the Carrera GT. Love it. Allows air flow from wheel/brakes out into side slip stream.

Cool.

Redwhitestries, Do you have any more photos showing the rocker panels or any other parts of the car?

Last edited:

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
The openings in the hood for radiator air exist are elminated. Maybe the radiator air exits behind the front wheels as well as brake cooling air.

Pipelion

CalCuda,

Look closer, I think they are there but smaller, two holes instead of one, on each side of the tow bar. I thought the same as you because of the silver paint. But when I got close I could seee what looks like vents and outlets in the top of hood. The third inlet(don't know what it's for and in the road car is back by the windshield) is moved all the way up to the front of the nose. Window went?

Allan

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
There's some kind of pipe and valve sticking out of the right headlight as well. Too small for petrol, oil? Air? Water?

Pipelion

Fjpikul,

I wonder if that could be the air jacks inlet. Some of those babies have a system that lifts all four wheels at once via air. I didn't notice that until you pointed it out. It looks like it could be an air line fitting. Four small extending tubes.

I was thinking that would be a cool add on to any GT. Just pull it in the garage hook up the air line and wella, the cars 6''off the ground and all four wheels can be changed.

Allan

redwhitestripes

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2006
DUBAI UAE
You will find the results and more on the Super GT official website:

http://supergt.net/en/

I have tried to get some details about the team DHG ADVAN,but no success so far.
I thought that we could get pictures and specs if we could find out who build the car (probably in Japan).

Ok sorry guys but I have to go to the pool, 31 C outside...

Eric

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
Wow, neat car!

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Is that a regular Ford GT? I see a lot of differences (aside from obvious aerodynamics, etc) so am wondering if maybe it is one of the GT-40 recreations of some kind. Anyone know?

Pipelion

AZGT,

Notice the front wheels also set outside the doors, ie the front track is wider than the car.

MIGT, :biggrin

Allan

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Pipelion said:
AZGT,

Notice the front wheels also set outside the doors, ie the front track is wider than the car.

MIGT, :biggrin

Allan

MIGT? Don't know that one.

Anyway, vent in the center of the nose is of course not on the GT, lights are different, cowl is different, etc. That's why I was wondering.

You're right - front track is sure wide. :eek

Pipelion

AZ = Arizona right? GT = GT

MI = Michigan + GT = MIGT

Allan :biggrin

PS That's why I did it, I finnally noticed what you ment by AZGT.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Pipelion said:
AZ = Arizona right? GT = GT

MI = Michigan + GT = MIGT

Allan :biggrin

PS That's why I did it, I finnally noticed what you ment by AZGT.

Wow! That was simple enough. Good thing all that college didn't go to my head. :lol

I was looking too hard - figured it had to be along the lines of BFD, SOL, IMHO, and the others.

Now I can sleep better. :biggrin

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
fjpikul said:
There's some kind of pipe and valve sticking out of the right headlight as well. Too small for petrol, oil? Air? Water?

Those ARE for air jacks,,,,

Pipelion

AZGT, ^ :biggrin

AGNGTY :frown......... A=Aint
...........................G=got
............................N=none
.............................GT=GT
..............................Y=yet

Allan

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Pipelion said:
AZGT, ^ :biggrin

AGNGTY :frown......... A=Aint
...........................G=got
............................N=none
.............................GT=GT
..............................Y=yet

Allan

Sounds like a life transition blues song.

"The wife and dawg are the best I kin get cause I ain't got no GT yet".

Hum. Could catch on. :biggrin

Are you in the loop to get one?