2006 Air condition compressor clutch Field Coil

jnirenstein

GT Owner
May 3, 2014
Norcal
Hi everyone,
I'm having Air Con issues (yes I have read most of the threads about it) My dealer tested the system and seems to think the compressor clutch field coil is faulty. I'm looking for a source for this part. Summitracing is backordered. Rock auto same, NAPA nope..... The Dealer ordered a part (from their normal source) and when it showed up it was wrong. ANY leads would be appreciated. They are now looking for a whole compressor and I'd rather not go that $400 route if I can find the coil for $100.... ALSO, FYI I had them update the axle bolts with the Accufab kit and 2 of the original bolt heads were snapped off inside the housing....
Cheers,
John

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
With parts shortages and depending what your time is worth searching for a clutch, I would just buy a new compressor from ford and swap clutches out to save from draining Freon. Then you have a compressor Incase it ever fails. Or drain ac and it’s 4 bolts to swap compressor it’s self. Clutch can be changed in car.

jnirenstein

GT Owner
May 3, 2014
Norcal
With parts shortages and depending what your time is worth searching for a clutch, I would just buy a new compressor from ford and swap clutches out to save from draining Freon. Then you have a compressor Incase it ever fails. Or drain ac and it’s 4 bolts to swap compressor it’s self. Clutch can be changed in car.
Yup. Looks like more than a bit of a pain. The compressor is already out of the car and disassembled (easily put back together) But there appears to be neither a filed coil OR a new compressor in stock ANYWHERE! Only one I can even find is an aftermarket one on rock auto.

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
A while back someone mentioned that they changed their AC compressor with one from an F150. Said it was identical. Did not mention a year or trim.

FYI, I bought my car with a leaking compressor due to lack of use. The compressor is same as f150, we ordered that part for half the cost at the time and viola. Wish I had the part number to be of more help.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Didn't Vintage Air make the FGT A/C? You might try them....

Reactions: extrap

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Didn't Vintage Air make the FGT A/C? You might try them....

only the heater box inside the car